Costa Mesa Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Costa Mesa Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Were you injured in an auto accident that involved an Uber or Lyft vehicle? You may have grounds for a claim against the rideshare service’s commercial auto insurance. Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Costa Mesa can evaluate your case, help you understand your rights, and fight aggressively for the full compensation you deserve.
We have represented more than 5,000 clients and won over $300,000,000 in settlements and verdicts, yet we are still dedicated to providing the attentive and personalized representation of a small, local law firm. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case review.
When Might Punitive Damages Be Recoverable?
All successful personal injury claims yield some amount of compensatory damages. These comprise economic damages (lost income, healthcare costs, and other objectively verifiable expenses) and non-economic damages (such as pain and suffering and hedonic damages). In addition to these compensatory damages, punitive damages may be awarded if the defendant’s conduct was malicious, fraudulent, or oppressive.
After a rideshare crash, it may be possible to obtain punitive damages if the at-fault motorist was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving at a particularly high speed, or otherwise engaging in behavior that showed a conscious disregard for the rights or safety of others. Victims of hit and run accidents may also be able to collect punitive damages.
Punitive damages cannot be awarded against a government entity. That may be relevant to your case if the crash was caused by the negligence of a government entity or employee. For instance, if negligent road maintenance contributed to the wreck or a government employee caused the accident while performing duties in the course and scope of their employment, it may not be possible to obtain punitive damages even if the defendant or one if its employees exhibited malice, oppression, or fraud.
The attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have many decades of combined experience pursuing punitive damages on behalf of accident victims in California. Under some circumstances, punitive damages may be recoverable by bringing a survival action after a wrongful death in the family. No matter the facts surrounding your case, we will help you account for all the damages you may be owed and will fight aggressively to obtain them.
Qualities to Look for in an Uber or Lyft Accident Attorney in Costa Mesa
After a rideshare accident, many people assume the insurance company would offer a fair settlement. But claims adjusters know that the average person isn’t well versed in the statutes and case law pertaining to auto accident claims. Some claimants are willing to accept a settlement that doesn’t account for pain and suffering, loss of life enjoyment, or certain economic damages. Your Uber and Lyft accident attorney in Costa Mesa can help you account for all potentially recoverable damages. Your lawyer can also help you avoid unnecessary delays and costly mistakes.
Unfortunately, not all attorneys have the skills and experience to provide exceptional representation. In fact, some attorneys might advise you to accept a low settlement just to avoid the cost and risk of litigation. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are committed to giving each of our clients the best representation possible.
Your free consultation will be an opportunity to determine if you feel comfortable working with our law firm. Below, we’ve listed a few qualities that set our attorneys apart from other rideshare accident lawyers in Costa Mesa:
- A History of Success in Rideshare Accident Claims: Our law firm has won substantial settlements for rideshare accident victims.
- Litigation Experience: Our seasoned trial lawyers will relish the opportunity to proceed to litigation if it is in your best interests to do so. We know the most effective strategies to employ during each stage of the proceedings, from the discovery phase to alternative dispute resolution and all the way to trial.
- A Direct Line of Contact: You won’t have to jump through hoops to contact your Uber or Lyft accident attorney. You will have a direct line of contact to your lawyer.
- Honesty: Our lawyers won’t downplay the weaknesses in your case just to win your business. We will be honest with you about the disputes that are most likely to arise and the steps we may take to avoid or counter those disputes.
- A Genuine Commitment to Our Clients: We understand the emotional challenges that follow a serious auto accident. You will be treated with the utmost compassion and professionalism from the day you retain our legal services to the resolution of your case.
Free Consultations | Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyers in Costa Mesa
You won’t have to pay anything to discuss your case with a member of our team. We will answer your questions and help you make the right decisions to protect your legal rights and financial future. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our Contact Page to schedule a free consultation.