If you are concerned about your financial security after being seriously injured by another person’s negligence, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case. A Costa Mesa personal injury attorney will answer your questions and help you explore all potential avenues for recovering compensation. Depending on the cause of your injuries, the types of insurance policies involved, and many other factors, you might have several options to recover the funds needed to pay for medical bills, lost wages, property repairs, and other damages. Our accident attorneys will help you determine the most strategic way to proceed with your case. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to speak with a member of our team.
Costa Mesa Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Costa Mesa personal injury lawyers have decades of combined experience representing the injured throughout California. We have the legal strategies, a network of expert witnesses, and the tenacity to take on large insurance companies, corporations, and government entities. The types of cases we handle include:
- Motor-Vehicle Collisions
- Dog Bites
- Brain Injuries and Disability
- Truck Crashes
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Wrecks
- Boating Accidents
- Dangerous Premises
- Slip and Fall
- Airplane Accidents
- Burn Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Train Wrecks
- Other Personal Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Turo Accidents
- Bird Scooter Accidents
The types of evidence and legal strategies needed to win your personal injury claim will depend on many factors. Failing to gather just one piece of essential evidence or taking the wrong approach during settlement negotiations could lead to a dispute related to liability or your damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we strive to get each of our clients fairly compensated as quickly as possible by thoroughly investigating every case we handle and preparing for settlement negotiations as if we are going to trial. Our team of personal injury attorneys has successfully settled over 5,000 cases and recovered over $300,000,000 for accident victims. Our team of attorneys and legal staff have the knowledge and experience to help fight for you against property owners, insurance companies, or to whoever caused harm to you due to a negligent act.
Our Costa Mesa Personal Injury Lawyers Will Help You Avoid Critical Mistakes
From the moment your injury occurs to the day your case is resolved, everything you say and do could impact the outcome of your claim. The Costa Mesa injury lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you overcome the challenges of the claims process and avoid costly mistakes such as:
- Failing to Provide Sufficient Evidence: If you represent yourself or if you turn to a personal injury attorney who is not willing to investigate your case thoroughly, it is likely that important evidence to strengthen your case will be overlooked. This could lead to a dispute and ultimately send your case to trial. Luckily the attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have the confidence and experience to take any case to trial. The lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will help fight for your case by including surveillance footage, expert witness testimony, cell phone records, electronic data logs, and a variety of other evidence to prove fault and damages.
- Not Arranging Expert Testimony: Expert witnesses play a crucial role in many personal injury cases by providing valuable testimony to prove liability and damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work with an expansive network of expert witnesses including those in the medical, financial, vocational, and engineering fields.
- Losing Your Credibility: One of the defense's primary goals will be to make you look less credible. After all, if you're caught in a lie or if it is discovered that you failed to follow your doctor's instructions, this could bring liability or the value of your damages into question. Be sure to follow your doctor’s treatment plan, attend all scheduled doctor’s appointments, take all prescribed medications, and listen to your attorney’s advice during every stage of the proceedings. Getting sufficient treatment will not only benefit your case but allow you to reach your maximum recovery.
- Making a Recorded Statement: If you make a recorded statement to the insurance company or defendant, it is very likely that your statement will be admissible in court. To reduce the insurance company’s liability, the adjuster might ask leading questions to coerce you into making statements that can be used to dispute your claim. Do not make a recorded statement or exchange any correspondence without first consulting a personal injury attorney.
- Using Social Media: Reviewing your social media profiles is another tactic the insurance company or defendant might use to dispute your claim. It is best to disable your social media accounts until your case has been resolved. If this is not an option, set your accounts to private.
Discuss Your Case with our Costa Mesa Personal Injury Law Firm Today!
The personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you avoid crucial mistakes that would jeopardize your claim. We will make sure you are treated fairly throughout the proceedings, and we will aggressively help you and your family fight for the maximum settlement. Call us today at 760.231.9970 or message us online to arrange a free initial consultation.