Granada Hills Car Accident Attorneys
With more and more motorists on the road, there’s always a chance that your next commute could end in disaster. While accidents are commonplace on California’s streets, the consequences are rarely routine. Drivers and their passengers can suffer life-altering injuries that may impact their ability to earn a living, enjoy their hobbies, and take care of the household. Were you hurt on the road? Our Granada Hills car accident attorneys are here to assist.
Our legal team can help investigate the accident, gather the necessary evidence, and build a convincing case to help you recover compensation for your damages. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to request a free case review.
What Qualities Set HPIL Apart from Other Law Firms in Granada Hills?
Between your mounting costs, piles of paperwork, and the hard work of healing, it’s only natural to feel completely overwhelmed after a car wreck. It can feel like you barely have a minute to spare to tackle everyday chores, let alone start researching local law firms.
However, choosing the right lawyer to assist with your claim could play a crucial role in the success of your case. An attorney who doesn’t possess the knowledge, resources, or experience to give your case the attention it deserves could sink your chances of walking away with a fair settlement.
Let’s look at a few qualities that help set our legal team apart:
- Experience Handling Car Accident Claims: Building a strong claim against a negligent driver will usually demand a completely different approach to, let’s say, seek compensation from a property owner after a slip and fall. While you won’t necessarily need to find a lawyer who focuses solely on car accident claims, you will want to find someone with at least some experience handling cases like yours. At HPIL, our legal team has a long track record of success overseeing traffic accident cases in the state.
- Access to Extensive Resources: Winning a personal injury claim can often require access to considerable resources. For instance, your legal team will likely need to investigate the accident, request documentation, consult with your healthcare providers, and bring in expert witnesses. Many attorneys haven’t forged the necessary professional networks to tackle all these tasks adequately. Thankfully, at HPIL, we’ve spent decades building up the resources required to prevail in even the most complex cases.
- Honest Approach: While all attorneys are expected to practice with integrity, some fail to be honest with their clients. For instance, there are law firms who aim to settle claims as quickly as possible, encouraging injury victims to agree to low-ball offers even when it’s not in their best interests to do so. At HPIL, we believe in being transparent about every aspect of your claim, whether it’s discussing our fee structure or potential issues you might face as your case unfolds. We will also do everything in our power to help you secure a favorable outcome.
How to Mitigate Damages after a Car Wreck?
After a car accident, you have a strict responsibility to keep your damages to a minimum. Simply put, you should avoid any actions—or inaction—that might exacerbate your injuries. Failing to take these steps could result in a reduced financial award or the outright denial of your claim.
Let’s look at a few ways you can mitigate your losses after a traffic accident:
- Seek Medical Treatment Immediately after Leaving the Scene: While you might feel fine, it’s possible that you suffered an impact injury that has yet to manifest any symptoms. Without treatment, such injuries could worsen, leading to serious health complications and additional medical expenses. However, visiting the doctor won’t just ensure that you receive the treatment you need, it could also help prevent disputes during proceedings. For instance, if you delayed your medical assessment, the insurer might have room to assert that you suffered your injuries in a different incident as the date of your diagnosis doesn’t correlate with the date of the car wreck. Alternatively, they may argue that your injuries can’t be as serious as you’re claiming as you didn’t require urgent care.
- Take Your Recovery Seriously: Once you’ve received treatment, you must follow your doctor’s orders closely. While you may believe your healthcare providers are being overly cautious, you should consider their word as law until you’ve reached maximum medical improvement. If the insurance company discovers that you deviated from your treatment plan, they may argue that your actions exacerbated your injuries. In such situations, you may be held liable for a portion of your losses.
- Only Outsource Tasks You Can No Longer Do Yourself: As a claimant, you have a right to seek compensation for any reasonably necessary replacement services. Examples of such services can include housekeeping, meal preparation, and childcare. However, if it emerges that you outsourced tasks that you were perfectly capable of doing on your own, you might not receive compensation for the cost of hiring a professional under those circumstances.
Discuss Your Claim with a Granada Hills Car Accident Attorney Today
After an accident, your costs can add up quickly. However, if someone else was responsible for causing the collision, there’s no reason you should be saddled with the bill.
At HPIL, we have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you hold the at-fault party/parties responsible for their negligence. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or tap through to our contact page HERE to request a free case assessment.