Laguna Beach Bus Accident Attorneys
Laguna Beach Bus Accident Attorneys
Bus accidents may seem straightforward – It was clearly the bus driver’s fault, right? However, as with most legal issues, nuances apply. A number of parties can be responsible for the accident – and the makeup of the parties will largely determine your case strategy. As such, it’s best to seek legal help sooner than later if you want to recover damages for your accident-related injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, the bus accident attorneys in our Laguna Beach office can help you navigate the claims process, working to pursue the most favorable settlement possible. We have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case assessment today.
Bringing a Claim for Recovery
An insurance adjuster may attempt to coerce you into making statements that devalue your claim and reduce your damages award. As such, it is vital that you do not speak with a claims adjuster until you have consulted your attorney. Additionally, it is advisable to stay off social media during the claims process so that you do not inadvertently post anything that an adjuster can use to contest the severity of your injuries. When you work with us, you can rest assured that we will help you craft a case built on real, concrete evidence. Our goal is to help you walk away with the compensation that you need to move on with your life.
Questions Your Attorney May Ask You
The specific questions your lawyer asks you will depend upon the specific facts of your case. However, generally, you should be prepared to answer the following questions when you meet with your lawyer for the first time:
- How, when, and where did the accident occur?
- What types of injuries did you suffer?
- Have you sought treatment for your injuries? If so, what? What is your prognosis?
- Has anyone involved in the accident contacted you? Did you provide any statements? If so, what did you say?
- Have you been able to work since your accident?
- What accident-related expenses have you incurred?
- Have you posted about your accident or injuries on social media?
- Who else was involved in the accident and/or present on the accident scene? Did you speak to anyone? Did you gather contact information?
- Did you take any photos of the accident scene? Of your injuries?
How Much is My Bus Accident Claim Worth?
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including the following:
- The cost of your medical care
- The permanence of your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
- Whether the potentially liable party acted in a malicious or reckless manner
Discuss Your Claim with a California Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our Laguna Beach personal injury attorneys routinely represent accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies. As such, we are poised to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses so that you can be made whole and move on with your life after a devastating accident. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.