Laguna Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Laguna Beach Train Accident Attorneys
When you’re involved in an accident, you don’t just want rote legal answers – you want a team of people who are on your side. Who are committed to helping you move forward. Who will be available to answer your call when you have questions. Our lawyers are here for you. With a long history of helping accident victims pursue damages and get back on their feet, we’re here to do the same for you.
Discuss your case with a member of our legal team by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS today. If you cannot make it to our Laguna Beach office, we will come to you.
Who is Liable for a Train Accident?
The issue of liability is at the forefront of all accident cases. Generally speaking, when it comes to train accidents, someone’s negligence is to blame. After all, trains do not generally run off their tracks, collide with vehicles, or hit pedestrians unless someone wasn’t doing what he or she should.
Identifying an at-fault party in a California train wreck case depends entirely on the facts, like what exactly caused the accident and who was responsible for the train’s maintenance at the time. Regardless of the circumstances, the train accident attorneys in our Laguna Beach office can uncover critical evidence showing who – or what – caused your accident. By identifying the responsible party, we can work toward pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Some examples of the liable parties in a train wreck include:
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for maintaining the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
Our legal team will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying cause of the wreck. Our train accident attorneys have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following:
- Conductor fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Compensation for a Laguna Beach Train Accident Injury
By collecting evidence, you can show a judge or jury that you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Your personal injury lawyer will gather, analyze, and present the evidence in support of your case to ensure you have the strongest case possible.
We will collect:
- Your medical records
- Photographs of your injuries
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by your injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
- Expert testimony, from accident reconstructionists to medical, vocational, or financial experts
- Your own personal notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Discuss Your Claim with a Laguna Beach Train Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident, contact our legal team. Throughout the years, we have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and trial verdicts, a substantial portion of which was in train accident cases. It is vital to act quickly before the applicable statute of limitations tolls or vital evidence fades. As such, it is in your best interest to contact a lawyer sooner than later, no matter how seriously you were injured.
To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. We look forward to your call.