Laguna Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Laguna Beach Wrongful Death Attorneys
Losing a family member changes you forever – and no figure can ever bring that person back. We understand this, and that’s why so many clients have turned to us for guidance when they lose loved ones in devastating accidents.
When you’re navigating a loss, you’re thinking of far more than just recovering financially. You are looking to get your affairs in order, not to mention, do all you can to heal and get through the day. That’s where we come in. Let us handle the legal side of your loss so that you can focus on properly grieving.
If you would like to meet with our team, we are here to help, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims our Laguna Beach Attorneys Handle
- Car, truck, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Turo accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Aircraft accidents
- Bus accidents
- Premises liability cases resulting in wrongful death
- Other types of wrongful death cases
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In California, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate, or various parties who stand to inherit the deceased’s property if the deceased passed without a will, can bring a wrongful death claim. This means:
- If the person was married, his spouse can file the lawsuit.
- If he was not married, his children can.
- If there were no children, then stepchildren, then minors who lived with him for at least half a year, then his parents, siblings and their children, grandparents, and “next of kin.”
Speak with your lawyer about your specific situation if you aren’t sure whether you can bring a claim.
What Will a Wrongful Death Lawyer Do for Me?
When you have lost a loved one, hiring a lawyer is probably the last thing on your mind. However, our wrongful death attorneys offer free consultations, so you have nothing to lose by meeting with us. We will advise you as to whether you have a case, what type of compensation you can pursue, and how pursuing a claim can help you move forward after suffering the devastating loss of a family member.
In general, we will:
- Gather evidence: In seeking compensation for your claim, our attorneys can help you amass critical evidence to support your case This may include testimony from insurance adjusters, physical objects, photographs, and more.
- Preserve your claim: In communicating with insurance adjusters, there is a number of mistakes you can inadvertently make. For instance, a social media post may contradict a claim you made directly to an adjuster. Or, you may overlook valuable evidence that can bolster your claim and earn you a higher settlement amount. Our experienced lawyers will help you avoid these mistakes so that you can keep your claim intact. It should be up to you – not the other party – to determine whether (and how) you want to proceed.
- Handle insurance correspondence: We know how insurance companies think, so we can handle all correspondence with them on your behalf. To protect your case, it is best to let skilled attorneys handle this correspondence so that insurance adjusters cannot take anything you say out of context.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys are here to take over the logistics of your case so that you can focus on honoring your loved one’s memory. We will do all we can do alleviate your stress.
To schedule a free case consultation with us, we welcome you to send us a message online or to call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We look forward to serving you.