Mission Viejo Car Accident Attorneys
Mission Viejo Car Accident Attorneys
Orange County can be a dangerous place to drive, with plenty of pedestrians, bikers, motorcyclists, and no shortage of passenger vehicles on the roads. If you were involved in a crash that someone else caused, you may be entitled to damages. Our car accident attorneys in Mission Viejo have a history of success in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, and we can make sure you are treated fairly by the insurance company. Like any other business, insurance providers want to maximize their profits. One of the ways they do this is by denying and undervaluing claims whenever they have the opportunity to do so. As a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, you can rest assured that we won’t let the claims adjuster treat you unfairly. We will aggressively fight for the full compensation you deserve and will make it clear from day one that we won’t hesitate to enter litigation if a fair settlement is not reached. You can contact us 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, and the consultation is free.
Questions Your Car Accident Attorney May Ask During the Free Consultation
It’s natural to feel nervous about your first meeting with a car accident lawyer. Chances are you’ve never had to consult with a personal injury attorney before, so you might not know what to expect. During the consultation, your attorney will ask a series of questions to determine if your case has merit, identify any weaknesses in your claim, and discern the most appropriate way to conduct the investigation. Your lawyer will also review any documents and evidence you have compiled. One of the best ways to prepare for this meeting is to write out your answers to the questions you will likely be asked. Those questions include:
- What do you think caused the accident? Your third-party claim won’t be approved unless you can present evidence that the at-fault driver was in fact liable for the accident. Your lawyer will want a detailed breakdown of exactly how the crash happened so he or she can determine how best to approach the subsequent investigation.
- What were you doing at the time of the crash? Your attorney will want to know if you were texting, speeding, or breaking another traffic law. If you were behaving negligently when the collision occurred, the opposing party might dispute liability.
- Were the police called? If police attended the scene, there should be an official accident report. This report can play an integral role in the insurance company’s decision of whether to approve your claim.
- Were any of the drivers involved arrested? If the at-fault driver was arrested for egregious behavior such as operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, it may be possible to obtain punitive damages.
- Have you undergone a medical evaluation? This should be your top priority after the collision. If you have not yet visited a doctor, your Mission Viejo car accident lawyer will advise you to do so immediately. This could prevent a dispute with the insurance company regarding the severity of your injuries, their cause, or a failure to mitigate damages.
- What are your diagnosis and prognosis? If you’ve already gotten an official diagnosis, your lawyer will want to know about it and review your medical records.
- Did you take pictures of the scene? Photos of the crash scene can help your lawyer and maybe an accident reconstruction expert discern how the accident happened.
- Have you spoken to the insurance company yet? Your lawyer will want details about any conversations you have had with the insurance carrier since such dialogue could end up harming your case.
- Have you been unable to work since the wreck? Any wages you have lost due to the accident might be recoverable.
You Won’t Have to Pay Anything Upfront for Our Legal Services
Our attorneys accept car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. That means no attorneys’ fees will have to be paid unless we win your case. And since we offer free consultations, you have nothing to lose by speaking to a member of our team.
We’ve Represented More than 5,000 Accident Victims and Their Families
Thousands of people have turned to our law firm for representation. Our attorneys have an unmatched level of experience and a mastered understanding of the case law and statutes pertaining to auto accident lawsuits. You can rest assured that we will provide knowledgeable and aggressive advocacy through every stage of the proceedings.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Set up a Free Consultation with a Mission Viejo Car Accident Lawyer
You can reach us 24 hours a day by dialing 1-800-GO-HARRIS or sending us a message online. We will come to you if you are unable to come to our office.