Mission Viejo Slip and Fall Attorneys
Mission Viejo Slip and Fall Attorneys
A serious fall can result in devastating injuries that cost a small fortune in medical bills. Many victims are unable to return to work for several weeks or even months. Our slip and fall attorneys in Mission Viejo understand the financial, physical, and emotional impact these accidents can have on the entire family. We are here to help you pursue the highest possible compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Many of these injuries happen on commercial properties such as supermarkets or restaurants. Our lawyers have many decades of combined experience taking on large companies and their insurance providers. We don’t shy away from a fight; our team will not hesitate to file a lawsuit and proceed to litigation if the opposing party refuses to cooperate. Our reputation as tough litigators is well known to insurance providers throughout California, and it often gives us an edge during settlement negotiations. To find out how our legal team can assist with your claim, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free consultation.
Do I Have Grounds for a Slip and Fall Claim?
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by a dangerous condition on someone else’s property, there’s a good chance that you have grounds for a claim. Of course, the best way to find out if your case has merit is to speak with a slip and fall lawyer in Mission Viejo. During your free consultation, you will be asked a series of questions to determine if you have grounds for a claim and to identify any potential weaknesses in your case. Such questions may include:
- What was your purpose for being on the premises? The duty of care owed to you by the property owner or occupier will depend on your visitor classification at the time of the accident. The three types of visitor classification are invitee, licensee, and trespasser. Invitees are owed the highest duty of care; these are people who are on the premises for business dealings with the property owner or occupier. Examples include customers at a restaurant or supermarket. Business owners must conduct reasonable inspections to identify hazards that pose an injury risk to invitees. They must also fix dangerous conditions or warn invitees about dangerous conditions. In other words, if you were an invitee, you slipped and fell on a hazard on the premises, and the property owner or occupier had actual or constructive knowledge of the hazard, you probably have grounds for a claim. Even if you were not an invitee, your case may still have merit depending on the circumstances.
- What was the hazard that caused your injuries? Your Mission Viejo slip and fall lawyer will need to find out if the property owner or possessor (or one of their employees) had actual or constructive knowledge of the dangerous condition that caused your fall. It may be necessary to conduct an investigation to make this determination; however, if you know what caused the hazard, your attorney can try to infer whether actual or constrictive knowledge existed. For example, if you slipped and fell on a freshly mopped floor and there wasn’t a wet floor sign, there’s a good chance that actual knowledge existed since it is likely that an employee of the business created the hazard and therefore knew about it. If, on the other hand, a spilled liquid caused your fall, your attorney will have to find out who spilled the liquid and how long the hazard was present in order to determine if actual or constructive knowledge existed.
- Were you injured? You will not have grounds for a claim unless you suffered an actual injury or loss.
- Were the injuries caused by the slip and fall? Even if you did in fact slip and fall, you won’t be able to recover compensation unless the injuries were actually caused by the slip and fall. For example, if you had a preexisting medical condition, you would not be able to recover compensation for treating that condition unless it was aggravated by the fall.
Can I Use Social Media While My Case Is Pending?
- It’s best to stay off social media while your case is pending. In fact, your Mission Viejo slip and fall attorney may suggest that you temporarily disable your social media profiles so the opposing party cannot use your posts to dispute your claim.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation with a Slip and Fall Attorney in Mission Viejo
- You and your family deserve the very best representation, and that’s exactly what you can expect as a client of Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our team has helped more than 5,000 clients navigate the legal system. To discuss your case in a free consultation, send us a message on our
Contact Page or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.