Mission Viejo Train Accident Attorneys
Mission Viejo Train Accident Attorneys
Most people don’t think twice about their safety when boarding a train. Although locomotive accidents are rare, they do happen—and those involved often sustain catastrophic injuries. If you or someone in your family was seriously hurt in such a wreck, turn to our Mission Viejo train accident attorneys for representation. Our lawyers have an in-depth understanding of the case law and statutes pertaining to these lawsuits. We can make sure your claim accounts for all the damages you may be owed, and we won’t let the insurance company treat you unfairly. For a free case review, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
How Can a Mission Viejo Train Accident Attorney Help with My Case?
Many personal injury victims wonder if they should hire an attorney or navigate the proceedings on their own. While there are some scenarios when going it alone might be fine, this rarely applies to train accident cases. The laws and procedures pertaining to these cases are incredibly complex. Also, these wrecks often injure dozens of people, which further complicates matters. At the end of the day, hiring a well-credentialed train accident lawyer in Mission Viejo is one of the best decisions you can make to protect your rights. Here are just a few ways an attorney can assist with your claim:
- Compiling Evidence: How did the train accident happen? The answer might seem obvious at first, but upon further investigation, it may turn out that multiple parties shared fault. Depending on the circumstances, you may have grounds for a claim against the owner of the track, the manufacturer of a mechanical component, the owner and operator of the train, or the driver of another motor vehicle involved in the wreck. Even if the liable party has been identified, you won’t be able to recover damages without strong evidence to prove liability, causation, and damages. This is where your Mission Viejo train accident lawyer can help. Your legal team can perform a thorough investigation to identify all potentially liable parties. If necessary, your attorney can file subpoenas to obtain evidence that is being withheld. Your lawyer can also consult with various experts and depose them if your case proceeds to discovery.
- Approximating a Fair Settlement Amount: Just because the opposing party offers a settlement doesn’t mean they have accounted for all the damages you may be owed. In fact, it’s not uncommon for certain damages to be left out of the initial settlement offer or grossly undervalued. Your attorney can help you account for all potentially recoverable damages and approximate a fair settlement amount based on the relevant statutes and case law.
- Using Proven Settlement Negotiation Tactics: Insurance companies can be ruthless when it comes to settlement negotiations. A well-credentialed attorney can level the playing field by employing proven settlement negotiation tactics. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys are seasoned litigators with extensive trial experience. This often works in our favor during settlement negotiations since insurance companies tend to think twice about refusing to cooperate. We are not afraid to enter litigation if it is in our client’s best interests to do so.
- Helping You Avoid Mistakes: There are all sorts of errors you could make that might lead to a dispute. Our train accident lawyers in Mission Viejo can explain what you should do—and not do—in order to avoid unnecessary complications. Key tips include staying off social media, visiting a doctor right away for a medical evaluation, and following your doctor’s orders.
How Much Compensation Is My Train Accident Case Worth?
- This is a common question we get from new clients, but it is impossible to answer until we know the facts of your case. In California, victims of personal injury can pursue compensation for any reasonable and necessary costs arising from the tort. These are called “economic damages” because they are objectively verifiable. Examples include healthcare costs, lost wages, property repairs, domestic help, transportation, and child care. Non-economic damages are subjective. Examples include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment in life. Calculating the value of non-economic damages can be challenging without the help of a seasoned train accident lawyer, but our team is well-versed in the statutes and case law pertaining to these damages, and we can help you approximate a fair value based on the facts of your case. If the defendant acted with malice, oppression, or fraud, it may also be possible to obtain punitive damages. These awards are intended to punish the defendant and deter similar misconduct in the future.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation with a Train Accident Attorney in Mission Viejo
- You can reach our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS or sending a message
HERE. There’s no cost for the case review, and we accept train accident claims on a contingency fee basis.