Every personal injury case is time-sensitive. If you were injured or lost a loved one due to a negligent third party, it is essential that you contact a Mission Viejo personal injury lawyer right away. The attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will answer your questions and provide aggressive legal representation through every stage of the proceedings. Our law firm is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will travel to you if you are unable to come to us. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free initial consultation with an accident attorney in Mission Viejo.
Types of Cases We Handle in Mission Viejo
Our Mission Viejo injury lawyers have successfully handled a variety of tort claims involving life-altering events such as car accidents, slips and falls, and the unexpected deaths of family members. We are well-versed in the laws and procedures that govern the following types of personal injury cases:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Crashes
- Bus Crashes
- Train Accidents
- Semi-Truck Wrecks
- Boat Accidents
- Lyft & Uber Wrecks
- Turo Accidents
- Airplane Crashes
- Injuries Due to Dangerous Premises
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bird Scooter Wrecks
- Burn Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
Why You Should Hire a Mission Viejo Personal Injury Lawyer Right Away
Nobody ever plans to suffer an unexpected injury, so when it happens, many people do not know what to do next. Although your top priority should be to seek medical attention, it is in your best interest to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Here are a few reasons why:
- Evidence May Be Time Sensitive: After your initial consultation, your injury lawyer will investigate your case to gather evidence to prove negligence, liability, and damages. If you wait too long to seek legal counsel, much of this evidence could disappear. For instance, if you were injured in a car accident, surveillance or dash-cam footage of your crash could be erased. If you were hurt in a slip and fall, the hazard that caused your fall may be fixed.
- Evidence May Be Altered: Even if evidence has not yet been destroyed, it may have been altered to cover up negligence. For example, if you were injured in a commercial truck accident, the driver might alter his or her Hours of Service (HoS) logbook to cover up an HoS violation.
- Deadlines for Filing Lawsuits: You have a limited amount of time within which to file a formal lawsuit. This deadline is called the “statute of limitations.” If the statute of limitations passes, your case will most likely be thrown out of court if you file a lawsuit.
- Handle Correspondence with the Insurance Company: Whether you were injured in a car wreck, a slip and fall, or another accident, it is likely that the defendant’s insurance company will play a role in your claim. Insurance claims adjusters will look for reasons to dispute liability and the extent of your damages. One tactic they use to do this is to manipulate claimants into making compromising statements during recorded conversations. The seasoned injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can handle talks with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Avoid Costly Mistakes: The insurance company, defendant, and/or the defendant’s legal team will be searching for reasons to dispute your claim. If you make a recorded statement, ignore your doctor’s instructions, miss important deadlines, publish information about your case on social media, or make another mistake, you might jeopardize your case. A Mission Viejo personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can make sure you avoid these costly oversights.
How Much Is Personal Injury Claim Worth?
No attorney can promise a specific result for your case because legal proceedings can be unpredictable. The outcome of your claim and the amount of compensation you might be able to collect will depend on many factors including:
- The strength of the evidence you have to prove liability and damages;
- The cost of your medical treatment;
- Whether you will require future medical care;
- The cost of any homecare, vehicle modifications, and other injury-related expenditures;
- The amount of income you lost during recovery;
- Whether your injury has affected your earning capacity;
- How your injury has affected your relationships and quality of life;
- Whether you suffered a permanent disability or disfigurement; and
- Whether the defendant acted with oppression, malice, or fraud—in which case punitive damages might be recoverable.
Contact Our Mission Viejo Personal Injury Law Firm Today, For Free!
If you were injured or lost a family member due to another person's negligent conduct or a dangerous condition, you may be entitled to compensation for any damages you have incurred. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers handles personal injury and wrongful death cases in Mission Viejo and throughout California. Message us online or call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free case assessment. We will fight for your rights.