It’s easy to underestimate the dangers of boating until you suffer an injury. Slippery surfaces, sharp propellers, exposed electrical wires, and other hazards cause thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths every year on U.S. waterways. The Monterey boating accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help victims and their loved ones pursue the compensation they need to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
One of our seasoned personal injury attorneys will evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you.
Our law firm is available 24/7 to take your call. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to arrange a free consultation.
Our Monterey Boating Accident Attorneys Accept the Following Types of Cases:
- Boating Accidents Caused by Drunk Drivers: It goes without saying that operating a boat while intoxicated is a reckless decision. Alcohol impairs a person’s balance, coordination, and ability to anticipate hazardous situations. It also makes operators more likely to engage in dangerous behaviors. If you were hurt in a crash that a drunk driver caused, you might be entitled to punitive damages in addition to economic and non-economic losses.
- Speeding-Related Boat Accidents: Speeding reduces the amount of time a boat operator has to react to unexpected hazards. It also increases the likelihood of losing control, and accidents at high speeds tend to result in more severe injuries than low-speed crashes. Proving that a boat operator was speeding can be challenging, but our attorneys can help you gather all available evidence of negligence and liability.
- Boat Accidents Caused by Malfunctioning Equipment: A boat is a complex vessel with lots of moving parts. When one of these parts malfunctions, it could result in a serious crash. The Monterey boating accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can perform a thorough investigation to determine the underlying cause of the equipment defect and identify all liable parties.
- Ejection Injuries: Falling in the water might seem less dangerous than falling on land, but when a person is ejected from a boat while traveling at a high speed, the resulting injuries can be devastating.
- Propeller Injuries: Water skiers, wake-boarders, and swimmers can sustain catastrophic injuries when they come into contact with a propeller.
- Accidents Caused by Legal Infractions: Most boating accidents can be traced back to a violation of boating regulations. When a person breaks the law and causes a crash as a result, he or she may be liable for damages.
- Other Boating Accidents: There are countless factors that could lead to injuries on the water. If you were hurt or lost someone you love, the Monterey boating accident attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will evaluate your case for free to determine if you have grounds for a claim.
Types of Boating Accident Cases We Handle in Monterey, California
With an ideal climate and beautiful waterways, Monterey is a popular boating destination all year long. But with more people casting off comes an increased risk of injuries. Our state has some of the highest rates of boating accidents in the entire country, many of which are caused by negligence.
No two boating accident claims are exactly alike, so it is important that you hire a law firm with extensive experience handling these cases. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a track record of success in boating accident claims, and our attorneys have the resources to take on even the largest insurance companies.
Why You Should Consult a Monterey Boating Accident Lawyer Right Away
Obtaining fair compensation after an injury or wrongful death on the water is rarely a straightforward process. You will need strong evidence to prove liability and damages. Much of this evidence might become unavailable if you wait too long to initiate the investigation. Also, there are deadlines for filing tort lawsuits in California, and if you try to file after this deadline has passed, your case will most likely be dismissed.
The smartest step you can take after a boating accident is to consult an attorney right away. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call. We will schedule a free initial consultation as soon as possible, and if we determine that your case has merit, our legal team will conduct an immediate investigation. We will also calculate the value of your damages, handle all correspondence with the insurance company, file the necessary paperwork, and ensure you meet the relevant deadlines.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Discuss Your Case with a Boating Accident Lawyer in Monterey
If you need help navigating the claims process, turn to the experienced personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. Our lawyers are passionate about obtaining justice and the maximum compensation for injury victims and their families. Use our contact form or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up a free case review.