If you were hurt or lost a family member in a rideshare accident, you probably have a lot of questions. Can I sue Uber or Lyft for my damages? How do I start the claims process? What damages can I pursue? The Monterey Lyft and Uber accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can answer your questions and help you plot the way forward.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations, and one of our attorneys will come to you if you cannot come to us. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling rideshare accident claims, and we have won more than $300 million in personal injury settlements and verdicts.
Let us handle the logistics of your case so you can focus on your health and your family. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS for a free case review.
Monterey Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers Are Here for You!
Time is of the essence after and Uber or Lyft accident. It goes without saying that the aftermath of a serious crash is a chaotic time. Unfortunately, the stress doesn’t stop when you leave the accident scene. You may have to undergo weeks of rehabilitation, convince coworkers to cover for you, arrange child care, and complete other tasks to keep your life in order. With so much on your plate, filing a personal injury claim might be the last thing you want to do, but if you delay the proceedings, it could hurt your chances of recovering fair compensation.
Here are a few reasons why you should contact a Monterey rideshare accident lawyer right away:
- Evidence Might Become Unavailable: These days, it’s not uncommon for a surveillance camera or dash cam to capture a collision on film. This footage can serve as valuable evidence—especially if a liability dispute arises—but it may be erased shortly after the crash.
- Insurance Companies Can Be Ruthless: The claims adjuster will likely seem sympathetic to your situation, but insurance companies ultimately want to maximize their profits, which means they have incentive to deny and undervalue claims. If you don’t enlist the help of an attorney to handle correspondence with the insurer for you, the adjuster might coerce you into making a statement that harms your case.
- There Are Time Limits for Filing Tort Lawsuits: There are statutory time limits for filing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits after Uber and Lyft accidents. If this deadline passes before you file, your case will almost certainly be dismissed.
- Small Mistakes Can Have Huge Consequences: A single photo on social media could be all it takes to derail your claim. The Monterey Uber accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can help you avoid costly errors so you don’t wind up putting your case in jeopardy.
Who Might Be Liable for My Damages?
After most car accidents, the claim is filed against the insurance company of the driver who caused the collision. But claims arising from Uber and Lyft accidents have an added layer of complexity because there are several factors that go into determining insurance liability. During your free consultation at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, one of our Monterey rideshare accident attorneys will assess your situation to identify the parties who might be liable for your damages.
Here are a few questions your lawyer may ask to determine liability:
- What was your role in the crash? Were you the rideshare driver, a passenger in the rideshare vehicle, a driver or passenger in another car, or a pedestrian?
- What was the cause of the collision?
- Was the rideshare driver on duty at the time of the crash?
Steps You Should Take After an Uber or Lyft Accident in Monterey
It’s not easy to stay calm and think clearly in the immediate aftermath of a serious crash, but it’s important that you take steps at the scene and over the days that follow to strengthen your claim. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Contact law enforcement, and if anyone was seriously injured, request emergency medical assistance;
- Take pictures of the scene including any injuries, property damage, road signs, the weather and road conditions, and skid marks;
- Write down the insurance and contact information of all drivers involved;
- Record the contact details of eyewitnesses;
- Visit a doctor for a medical evaluation; and
- Consult a Monterey Lyft accident lawyer.
Schedule a FREE Consultation with Our Monterey Uber Accident Attorneys
The laws and procedures that govern rideshare accident claims are complicated, but the attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can protect your best interests through every stage of the claims process. Our track record of success speaks for itself, with more than 5,000 clients helped and over $300 million recovered in settlements and verdicts.
Our attorneys will make sure you are treated fairly by the insurance company, and we will do everything in our power to help you collect the compensation you deserve as quickly as possible. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our online contact form to set up a free case review.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|