Newport Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Newport Beach Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Life is full of unexpected events, not all of which are pleasant. A serious bicycle crash can derail almost every aspect of your life—from your daily routine to your career to your relationships with loved ones. Our bicycle accident attorneys in Newport Beach have seen firsthand how traumatic these events can be, and we are proud to help the injured fight for the compensation they deserve. The party responsible for the crash may be liable for your healthcare costs, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our lawyers can gather evidence, prepare the necessary paperwork, account for all the damages you might be owed, and aggressively pursue the highest possible settlement. To speak with someone on our team in a free consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
How Much Compensation Might My Case Be Worth?
When the medical bills and other costs are adding up, it’s natural to worry about your financial future. Although no attorney can guarantee a particular outcome for your case, our lawyers can help you approximate a reasonable settlement figure based on the circumstances, and then use proven negotiation strategies to pursue a fair payout. Below are just a few factors that might impact the value of a bicycle accident case:
- The Cost of Medical Bills and Lost Income: Any healthcare expenses and lost income that accrue as a result of the crash might be recoverable. This includes future medical bills and loss of future income. It is sometimes necessary to bring in expert witnesses to provide deposition regarding the value of medical bills and lost wages. Our Newport Beach bicycle accident lawyers can arrange expert witness deposition if your case proceeds to discovery and we believe such deposition would strengthen your lawsuit.
- The Severity of the Trauma: The extent of your injuries not only will impact the cost of healthcare and lost income but also could influence the calculations for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. If you were diagnosed with a permanent disability, for example, you might be entitled to a considerable sum for non-economic damages.
- The Cost of Other Reasonable and Necessary Expenses: The cost of repairing or replacing any property damaged in the crash might be recoverable. Our Newport Beach bicycle accident attorneys will also account for other reasonable and necessary expenses arising from the wreck, which may include transportation fees, child care, and domestic help.
- The Liable Party’s Insurance Coverage Limits: If the liable party does not have significant assets, your financial recovery may be limited to their insurance coverage limits. Should it turn out that the at-fault party was underinsured or uninsured, our team can help you explore other options for pursuing damages.
- Whether You Were Partially at Fault: Your award of damages will be limited by your own percentage of fault. For example, if you were 25 percent liable for the crash and your damages total $100,000, you would only be able to obtain up to $75,000. As you can imagine, assigning a percentage of liability requires an in-depth understanding of the relevant statutes and case law. It’s not uncommon for a defendant to dispute the percentage of fault imposed on them. Our lawyers have extensive experience in cases involving shared liability. If it turns out that you were in fact partially liable, we can apportion liability so you don’t end up accepting an unfair payout while still minimizing the likelihood of facing a dispute from the opposing party.
- Whether Your Case Proceeds to Litigation: If your case proceeds to litigation, certain costs such as expert witness fees might be taken out of the final settlement or verdict. Our bicycle accident lawyers will take every reasonable measure to reach a fair settlement without proceeding to litigation, but we’re not afraid to enter litigation if the opposing party refuses to cooperate.
- Whether You Mitigate the Damages: After being injured in a tortious accident, you have a duty to mitigate the resulting damages. In other words, you must take reasonable steps to minimize your lost income, medical bills, and other damages. This involves following your doctor’s orders and avoiding activities that might aggravate your injuries. Failure to do so could lead to a reduction of your damages award.
Speak with a Newport Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Our lawyers are passionate about helping accident victims and their families fight for justice and the compensation they need to move on with life. We offer free consultations, so you can get sound legal advice from our team without paying a dime or committing to any contract. If you decide to hire our law firm for representation, we will immediately take over all correspondence with the insurance company, perform a detailed investigation, and build your claim so it has the best possible chance of resulting in a fair settlement. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or message us online to set up a free case review.