Newport Beach Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Newport Beach Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Auto accidents don’t always involve two vehicles. Some of the most devastating collisions result in serious or fatal injuries to people on foot. If you, your child, or another member of your family was hit by a careless driver, contact our Newport Beach pedestrian accident attorneys.
When insurance adjusters evaluate claims, they are tasked with finding reasons to minimize the amount of compensation paid out to victims. Your very own statements to the claims adjuster could end up harming your case. Our lawyers can handle this correspondence on your behalf and prevent the insurance company from taking advantage of you.
Don’t accept the first settlement offer without speaking to a member of our team in a free consultation. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
What Damages Might Be Recoverable?
If the medical costs are mounting and you’ve been put out of work, you might want a speedy resolution to your case so you can alleviate the stress of debt and move on with life. But patience is often the key to recovering the highest possible compensation. Our Newport Beach pedestrian accident lawyers can help you determine the most strategic time to enter settlement negotiations.
Before the negotiations commence, we will conduct a thorough investigation, compile evidence, and approximate a fair settlement amount. After representing more than 5,000 clients, our attorneys know how to arrive at reasonable settlement figures without taking on an unnecessarily high risk of facing a dispute. Our goal, after all, will be to help you win fair compensation without having to enter litigation, though we are certainly willing to proceed all the way to trial if the opposing party is uncooperative.
The types of damages to which you may be entitled depend on the circumstances. Are you bringing a personal injury claim or a wrongful death claim? If the latter, did your family member survive for a period of time after the crash, or did they die immediately upon impact? What sorts of injuries were sustained? What costs have accrued since the accident? Your attorney will have to answer these questions to determine which kinds of damages to pursue and to identify the kinds of evidence needed to support your claim.
Generally speaking, the following damages might be available after a pedestrian injury in California:
- Medical Bills: Any past and future healthcare costs stemming from the accident can be included in the claim.
- Lost Income: The wages you lose while healing might be recoverable. Your attorney can also account for any income and benefits you are likely to lose in the future.
- Other Economic Damages: The costs of repairing any damaged property, domestic assistance, child care, and other economic damages can be included in the settlement calculations if they were caused by the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: The aftermath of a serious pedestrian injury often involves tremendous mental pain and physical suffering. If your injuries were severe, you might be entitled to a considerable sum for non-economic damages.
- Emotional Distress: There are several elements that must be proven to win compensation for emotional distress. If you witnessed a family member suffer a catastrophic injury or die, such damages may be available. You might also be entitled to emotional distress damages if you suffered a physical disorder as a result of the pedestrian accident.
- Loss of Consortium: Your spouse may have a claim for lost moral support, intimacy, affection, protection, assistance, and society. These damages together compose loss of consortium.
- Loss of Enjoyment in Life: If the injuries have prevented you from engaging in the same enjoyable hobbies and social events or caused inadequacy or humiliation, you may have a claim for loss of life enjoyment.
What Kinds of Expert Witnesses Might Play a Role in My Case?
There are many reasons why a dispute might arise in a pedestrian accident claim. To avoid or mitigate such disputes, your lawyer may consult with various experts when building your case. For instance, medical experts might assist with the calculations for past and future healthcare costs, and a vocational expert may help your attorney determine how the injuries will impact your career trajectory.
If the case proceeds to litigation, various experts might be deposed during the discovery phase. Besides medical and vocational experts, your Newport Beach pedestrian accident attorney might also depose a financial expert, accident reconstruction expert, and several others depending on the circumstances.
Discuss Your Case with a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Newport Beach
Navigating the claims process can be an arduous endeavor—especially if you want to be fairly compensated. Our attorneys can serve as your aggressive legal advocate throughout the proceedings and make sure you are treated fairly. Call our 24-hour phoneline at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message HERE to set up a free, no-obligation case assessment.