San Pedro Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Our attorneys know how much a slip and fall injury can impact your life. In addition to suffering from serious injuries like broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and soft tissue sprains, you are likely accruing astronomical medical bills.
We are experienced litigators who know what it takes to pursue compensation for our slip and fall clients. Throughout the years, more than 5,000 victims have turned to us for guidance. We have earned hundreds of five-star reviews on Google for our aggressive, effective legal services in cases including the following:
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, or you were with someone when he or she fell on someone else’s property, it is vital to act quickly before critical evidence vanishes or is removed from the scene.
After a fall, consider doing the following:
- Inform the property owner – or manager of the premises – of the fall.
- If applicable, fill out an incident report.
- Contact the police to secure an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the scene.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site.
- Ask eyewitnesses for their names and contact information.
- Call 911 to seek medical treatment for the victim – even if the injuries seem minor.
- Collect and preserve the shoes that the victim was wearing at the time of the fall.
Because key evidence can be erased or forgotten, it is critical to gather as much information as possible at the accident scene while keeping the victim safe and comfortable. In addition to gathering this information on your own, however, be sure to contact a personal injury attorney to help you preserve your claim and to thoroughly investigate the incident.
Evidence and Damages
After a serious accident, your attorney may recommend filing a lawsuit against the property owner or manager. At the outset, this will involve gathering evidence to prove that the property where you fell was in an unsafe or unreasonably hazardous condition. Some evidence may include business records (if it was a commercial establishment), including whether – and how often – a site has been inspected, cleaned, or repaired. Your lawyer may also collect records regarding whether similar incidents have occurred on the premises.
Through the legal process, our lawyers will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life
Discuss Your Case with a Slip and Fall Attorney in San Pedro
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury due to another person’s negligence, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We can handle each step of your case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf. If necessary, we will vigorously represent your interests in court.
If you cannot make it to our office for an initial free consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.