San Pedro Train Accident Attorneys
In most situations, a train accident is the result of negligence: A vehicle and a train should not collide at a railroad crossing, a train should not run off its rails, and the engine should not explode. Nonetheless, these things do happen and when they do, their magnitude results in serious injuries and fatalities.
Identifying the negligent party in a train wreck case is fact-determinative. For instance, a switch failure may be the fault of the person who installed it, whereas a crossroads collision may be the train operator’s fault.
Regardless of the circumstances, our train accident attorneys can uncover critical evidence showing who – or what – caused your accident. By identifying the responsible party, we can work toward pursuing damages.
Examples of Liable Parties in a California Train Accident
- The business that owns and operates the train
- The business that owns and operates the tracks
- The business responsible for maintaining the train or tracks
- The business that manufactured, distributed, or sold any defective train or track parts
- Motorists or individuals trespassing on the tracks or railroad property
- Train passengers
- The conductor or operator
What to Expect When You Work with a Personal Injury Lawyer
When you work with our attorneys, we will thoroughly investigate your case to determine the underlying cause of the wreck.
Our train accident attorneys have discovered that some of the most common causes of collisions involve some combination of the following:
- Distracted or impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective train parts
- Mechanical failures
- Hazardous conditions or deferred maintenance on the train tracks
Based on who – or what – caused your accident, we will craft a case that is tailored to recovering the compensation you need to get back on your feet financially, heal, and move forward.
It is extremely difficult to prove your case on your own. However, by working with an attorney experienced in handling the intricacies of liability in train accident cases, you will gain a partner and an advocate. Our team is trained, skilled, and well-positioned to gather, analyze, and present the strongest evidence in support of your case.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will collect:
- Your medical records, from doctors’ visit notes to diagnostic imaging
- Photographs of your injuries and the accident scene
- Your financial records, from pay stubs to tax returns
- Receipts from any medical expenses you incurred, including travel expenses for your medical care, vehicle modifications made necessary by you injuries, and any home renovations that made your home more accessible post-injury
- Expert testimony
- Your notes about how the accident and your injuries have impacted your life
Discuss Your Claim with a Train Accident Lawyer in San Pedro
To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment. If you cannot make it to our office for a case review, we will come to you. We look forward to your call.