San Pedro Bus Accident Attorneys
Have you recently been injured in a bus accident? Did you know you might be able to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses?
Stepping into the legal process can feel overwhelming. Our San Pedro bus accident lawyers can help you navigate the claims process from start to finish. We will take over the logistics of your case so you can focus on healing, getting back to work, and recovering financially. We will work hard to pursue the most favorable settlement possible so that you can move on with your life.
Our bus accident lawyers are well-versed in the laws binding bus drivers across industries and are equipped to handle the following types of cases, among others:
- Bus accidents involving public buses
- Bus accidents involving school buses
- Airport shuttle accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Bus accidents involving drowsy, distracted, or impaired bus drivers
- Bus accidents caused by mechanical failures
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians
- Bus accidents caused by poor road conditions
- Bus accidents resulting in wrongful death
How Much is My Bus Accident Case Worth?
Numerous factors will determine the monetary value of your claim, including:
- The cost of your medical care
- The permanence of your injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent scarring or disfigurement
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries
- Whether your injuries will likely impact your future earning potential
- The cost of property damage you sustained in the accident
- Whether you incurred other necessary costs due to your injuries, including transportation, childcare, domestic help, and modifications to your home
- The extent to which your injury affected your social life, family relationships, and general well-being
- Whether you contributed to your accident in any way and if so, to what extent
- Whether the potentially liable party acted in a malicious or reckless manner
Who is Liable for A Bus Accident in San Pedro?
Aside from the bus driver, multiple parties may be liable for your damages and share a portion of the driver’s fault. These parties may include:
- The bus company: If an investigation shows that the bus company failed to take necessary steps to ensure the vehicle was safe, and the evidence links this failure to the accident, you may be able to bring a claim against it.
- Manufacturers: If a defective bus part caused the accident, you may be able to bring a claim against the entity that manufactured, designed, or distributed that part.
- Government entities: If you were injured while riding on a government-owned bus, or if an investigation shows that a government employee may have been at fault, you might have grounds to sue the government entity.
- Other drivers: Often, another driver may cause a collision with a bus. If a driver caused an accident by running a red light, failing to yield, rear-ending the bus, or otherwise driving negligently, you may be able to sue him or her for your injuries.
- School boards: If a local school board employs a fleet of buses and you are injured while riding on one, you might have grounds to sue the school board for the victim’s injuries.
We Offer Free Consultations Daily. Discuss Your Claim with an Experienced Bus Accident Lawyer.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies and are equipped to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.