Santa Maria Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Santa Maria Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
If you were injured in a rideshare accident through no fault of your own, you might assume that Uber or Lyft will cover your medical bills and other damages. Unfortunately, rideshare companies and their insurers have the resources to challenge any claim that comes their way, so recovering a fair settlement often involves an uphill legal battle. Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys in Santa Maria can guide you through the claims process and fight for the compensation you deserve. We are well-versed in the procedures, case law, and statutes pertaining to these claims. Our lawyers have a track record of success both in and out of court, with more than $300,000,000 won for clients. To schedule a free case assessment, call our 24/7 phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Cases Our Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Handle
- Claims filed by Uber and Lyft passengers
- Claims filed by injured pedestrians
- Claims filed by Uber and Lyft drivers
- Claims filed by occupants of other vehicles
- Wrongful death claims
- Other rideshare accident claims
Importance of Contacting a Santa Maria Rideshare Accident Lawyer as Soon as Possible
There’s a lot to do after suffering an injury or losing a family member in a rideshare accident, so consulting an attorney might not be your top priority. But if you wait too long to seek legal advice, you might end up making a critical mistake that a lawyer could have helped you avoid—and one error could be all it takes to jeopardize your entire case. Let’s explore a few reasons why it’s wise to hire an attorney as soon as possible:
- Valuable Evidence May Not Be Available Indefinitely: The best attorneys perform thorough investigations to compile all available evidence of liability and damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the kinds of evidence needed to strengthen a rideshare accident claim, but much of it can be time-sensitive. For example, if there’s a dispute regarding the cause of the crash, surveillance footage might be valuable evidence of negligence and liability; however, such footage might be overwritten within a matter of days. If you hire one of our Santa Maria Uber and Lyft accident lawyers right away, we may be able to compile time-sensitive evidence while it’s still available.
- Evidence Might Be Withheld: If the defendant is in possession of essential evidence, it may be necessary to file a subpoena to obtain it. For example, if the driver who caused the crash had a dashcam, that footage might serve as valuable evidence of fault, but the driver might withhold it to weaken your case. Your attorney can apply legal pressure to obtain evidence that’s being withheld.
- The Insurance Company Will Want a Statement: There are all sorts of ways that an accident victim’s statements can be taken out of context to dispute liability or the severity of injuries. For this reason, it’s important that your attorney handles all correspondence with the insurance adjuster. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are well-versed in the tactics used by insurance carriers to deny and reduce the value of claims, so you can rest assured that we will protect your interests during all such correspondence.
- The Insurance Company’s First Offer Might Not Be Fair: If there’s strong evidence of liability and damages and it seems clear that the insurance company will have to approve your claim, they may try to offer a low settlement early in the proceedings. Many claimants choose to accept this settlement to alleviate the stress of mounting medical bills and other costs, only to find out later that they were entitled to far more compensation than they received. In fact, accepting a low settlement may lead to severe debt if the payout isn’t enough to cover your healthcare costs, lost wages, and other damages. But once you’ve signed a release, you won’t be able to pursue further compensation from the insurance company. Our Santa Maria Lyft and Uber accident attorneys can approximate a fair settlement amount so you don’t accept an unfair payout.
- Early Mistakes Could Lead to Disputes Down the Road: Something as simple as a social media post could derail your entire case. If you hire an attorney from day one, you may be less likely to make a critical error that leads to a dispute down the road. Your lawyer can help you avoid mistakes like discussing your injury or case online, missing appointments with your healthcare provider, or returning to work against your doctor’s orders.
Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Set up a Free Consultation with a Santa Maria Lyft or Uber Accident Lawyer
There are nuances to rideshare accident claims that don’t apply to other accident cases. Our attorneys have an in-depth knowledge of the relevant case law and statutes, and we are ready to help you fight for the compensation you need to move on with life. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our Contact Form to schedule a free case review.