Agoura Hills Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Agoura Hills Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Every cyclist knows that a serious accident can happen at any time, but very few think it will happen to them. If you have had the unfortunate experience of being injured in a crash, you may be entitled to compensation. Our bicycle accident attorneys in Agoura Hills can review your case for free and help you plot the way forward.
Everything you say and do from the moment your injury occurs could impact the outcome of your claim. Our legal team can help you make strategic decisions, protect your rights, and fight for the highest settlement or verdict possible. For a free consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Evidence Might Strengthen My Claim?
One of your attorney’s primary tasks will be to compile the evidence needed to give your claim the best chance of success. To prevail, you must be able to prove liability, causation, and damages. Unfortunately, the opposing party will be searching for reasons to challenge your claim. The following evidence may help your Agoura Hills bicycle accident lawyer avoid disputes and maximize your potential recovery:
- Video Footage: Recordings of the accident might show who was liable and prevent or mitigate disputes pertaining to fault.
- Pictures of the Scene: Photos may also help your legal team establish liability.
- The Accident Report: Any notes the police took while at the scene can provide insight into how the accident happened, who was liable, and the severity of the impact.
- Deposition from Eyewitnesses: People who saw the collision may be able to provide deposition regarding how it happened. They might also remember statements made by the parties involved.
- Expert Witness Deposition: Sometimes it is necessary to depose expert witnesses. There are many kinds of experts who might play a role in a bicycle accident case. For instance, an accident reconstruction expert may be able to provide insight into how the wreck happened. Various medical experts may be deposed regarding your diagnosis, prognosis, and the cost of care. If your injuries are permanent or will impact your income-earning capacity, your attorney might depose financial and vocational experts.
- Deposition from Friends, Family, and Colleagues: People close to you might be deposed regarding how the injuries have impacted your mood, demeanor, and general wellbeing. Such deposition might help your lawyer prove non-economic damages.
- Medical Records: If the opposing party disputes the severity of your injuries or their cause, your medical records will serve as valuable evidence to strengthen your claim. They will be particularly important if the crash exacerbated a preexisting medical condition. In this scenario, the defense might say that you are trying to obtain damages that would have accrued even if the accident did not happen. Your Agoura Hills bicycle accident attorney may use your medical records from before and after the crash as well as medical expert deposition to counter disputes over causation.
- Financial Records: Your financial records will play an important role in your case if you want to seek compensation for lost income.
- Your Personal Injury Journal: Your journal entries from the day of the accident and throughout the recovery process can shed light on how the injuries are affecting your personal wellbeing. Such entries can help your lawyer build a compelling claim for non-economic damages.
- Receipts and Invoices: Any records of costs incurred as a result of the accident can help your attorney prove economic damages.
Common Injuries Sustained in Bicycle Accidents
Just about any injury can happen in a bicycle crash since riders have little to no protection from the force of impact. Even the best helmets and pads won’t protect a cyclist from all injuries when they are hit by a motor vehicle. Some of the most common injuries sustained in these wrecks include:
- Head Injuries: Brain trauma can be debilitating and could diminish a person’s quality of life for many years after the accident—perhaps permanently. Our attorneys have extensive experience in traumatic brain injury cases.
- Broken Bones: A broken bone can put a person out of work for several weeks or even months. The associated physical therapy can be demanding.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: An injury to the spinal cord can impact virtually every aspect of a person’s life. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we work closely with medical and financial experts whose deposition can be invaluable in spinal cord injury cases.
- Foot and Ankle Injuries: An injury to the foot or ankle might not sound as serious as other kinds of trauma, but they can cost thousands of dollars to treat and prevent a person from working for several months.
Speak with a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Agoura Hills Today
Our team has the resources and experience to help you fight for the compensation you need to move on with life. For a free case review, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send a message HERE.