Agoura Hills Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Agoura Hills Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
If you were seriously hurt in a rideshare crash, it may be possible to recover compensation for healthcare costs, lost income, and other damages. Our Uber and Lyft accident attorneys in Agoura Hills can review the facts of your case in a free consultation and help you plot the way forward.
If we don’t win your case through a settlement or trial verdict, you won’t owe any attorneys’ fees. To speak with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
What Mistakes Could Harm My Rideshare Accident Case?
After you have been injured in an accident, one of your top priorities will likely be to get compensation for your medical bills and other losses. This is especially true if you are a primary income-earner for your family and were put out of work. To give your case the best chance of success, there are certain steps you should take and mistakes you must avoid throughout the claims process.
Contacting an Agoura Hills Lyft or Uber accident lawyer is a good start, but even after hiring representation, you should still make a concerted effort to avoid these errors and oversights:
- Giving a Statement or Signing Documents: It is important that you are honest during all of the proceedings following your accident, but this does not mean you have to give a statement to the insurance company. You also don’t need to sign every document that is given to you. From day one, you should direct the opposing party to speak to your attorney, and never sign a document without your lawyer’s approval.
- Posting on Social Media: When it comes to social media, the best policy is to avoid posting anything at all, regardless of how insignificant it may seem. These posts are among the first sources of evidence that the insurance adjuster may review in an attempt to challenge your case. Your online content may be accessible even if your accounts are set to private.
- Ignoring Your Doctor’s Advice: Be sure follow your doctor’s orders down to the very last detail, even if it seems like you have already healed to 100%. Failing to follow these orders could inhibit your physical recovery. It could also provide ammunition to the insurance company to argue that you have failed to mitigate your damages.
What Role Might Expert Witnesses Play in My Case?
Even if a lawsuit is never filed, your attorney may still call on various experts to help build your claim and prepare for settlement negotiations. For instance, if you were prevented from returning to work due to your injuries, a financial expert may be brought in to assist your attorney in estimating lost earnings, and a medical expert could provide useful insight into the cost of past and future healthcare.
Our Lyft and Uber accident attorneys in Agoura Hills work with experts in a variety of disciplines who have the qualifications and experience to provide helpful insight and credible deposition. Let’s look at the different types of expert witnesses who often play a role in these cases:
- Accident Reconstruction Experts: Your attorney may consult with an accident reconstructionist while piecing together what happened. These experts specialize in creating visual representations of a collision scenario in order to convey how it happened and who was liable.
- Medical Experts: Besides assisting your lawyer in estimating the total cost of healthcare, medical experts may be called upon to provide deposition regarding the severity of your injuries and the trajectory of your physical recovery. Failing to account for all past and future medical costs could result in a settlement that doesn’t cover the full costs of treatment, potentially leading to financial turmoil down the line.
- Vocational Experts: The defendant may argue that you are able to return to work even if your condition inhibits your ability to do your job. In these cases, your attorney may call on a vocational expert to provide deposition regarding how your injuries have compromised your job performance.
- Financial Experts: If you intend to pursue compensation for loss of future income, it may be necessary to depose a financial expert regarding the value of these damages.
- Other Experts: There are numerous kinds of experts who might play a role in a rideshare accident claim. For instance, if the crash was caused by a malfunctioning auto part, an engineer might provide deposition regarding how the defect likely happened. Our attorneys know when to consult with specialists and how to get the most value out of their deposition.
Speak with an Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Agoura Hills
You can reach us 24 hours a day by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS or sending a message HERE. We will come to you if you are unable to come to us.