Agoura Hills Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Agoura Hills Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Being involved in any type of traffic accident is traumatic, but when you don’t have the protection of a motor vehicle to soften the blow, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic. If you were hit by a negligent driver, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Agoura Hills can help you seek compensation for all resulting medical costs, lost wages, and other damages. We don’t charge any attorneys’ fees unless we win. To set up a free case evaluation, call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
How Can Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Help with My Case?
It’s common for people to have doubts about whether they need to hire a lawyer to assist with their personal injury case. You may think that if your evidence is strong, you will be able to handle the claim without legal representation. Unfortunately, obtaining a fair settlement in these cases is rarely straightforward. Insurance adjusters are professional negotiators, and they have countless strategies for minimizing the size of a settlement or denying a claim outright. They may try to convince you that your claim is worth less money that it actually is. The adjuster might even monitor your social media posts for content that can be used to challenge certain elements of your case. Any statements you provide to the insurance company could be taken out of context to dispute your claim. In fact, a single mistake on your part could drag out the proceedings, reduce your financial recovery, or prevent you from obtaining any compensation whatsoever. Our Agoura Hills pedestrian accident lawyers can help you avoid the common errors and oversights made by personal injury claimants in your situation. Here are just some of the ways we can assist with your case:
- Estimating a Fair Settlement: One of the most common questions we hear from clients is, “How much is fair to receive in a settlement for my injuries?” As you might suspect, though, approximating a fair settlement value requires a thorough investigation. But one thing you can be certain of is that the opposing party will want to pay you as little as possible. Once you accept a settlement, you will not be able to pursue further compensation from the defendant, even if you find out later that you left thousands of dollars on the table. Our Agoura Hills pedestrian accident attorneys can prevent this from happening by approximating a fair settlement value based on the relevant case law, statutes, and the facts of your case.
- Gathering Evidence: The evidence on which your case is built could come from many unexpected places and might be difficult to collect. You may need to access surveillance camera footage that was recorded at the scene, or videos that bystanders captured on their dash cams. Paperwork from the responsible party, such as business receipts and phone records, may also be useful in proving your case. Sometimes the party in possession of evidence will refuse to relinquish it, and it may be necessary to file a subpoena to obtain it. Our lawyers know what kind of evidence to look for in these claims, and we can help you apply legal pressure to get access to evidence if necessary.
- Demonstrating a Willingness to File Suit: With an accomplished litigator by your side, the insurance company may be more willing to cooperate due to the threat of facing a lawsuit if they refuse to pay a fair settlement.
- Arranging Expert Witness Deposition If Necessary: If your case proceeds to discovery, our lawyers may bring in various experts to provide deposition. Depending on the circumstances, such experts may include medical, financial, accident reconstruction, vocational, and other specialists.
- Communicating with the Opposing Party: A common tactic that insurers use to weaken a personal injury claim is to elicit information from the claimant on recorded phone calls or in written statements. They may try to trip you up on the details of the accident or the status of your injuries. A skilled attorney will know how to approach communications with the opposing party and can take charge of the dialogue so you won’t inadvertently compromise your own case.
- Helping You Avoid Critical Oversights: Common errors made by claimants include entering settlement negotiations too soon, posting on social media, delaying the initial medical visit, and ignoring doctor’s orders. We can help you avoid these and other mistakes that would compromise your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Agoura Hills Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you are dealing with serious injuries after being hit by a negligent motorist, contact our law firm today to set up a free consultation. A member of our team will review the facts of your case, answer your questions, and help you determine how best to proceed. Send us an email or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.