Altadena Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Altadena Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle wrecks are often devastating as those in the saddle don’t have the same protection as those behind the wheel. Where a seatbelt or airbag can save a driver from certain death, riders often have nothing but a helmet to keep them safe in the event of a worst-case scenario. If you were hurt while riding, our Altadena motorcycle accident attorneys may be able to assist with your claim. At HPIL, we have a history of helping injured riders and their families seek compensation for the lost income, pain and suffering, medical bills, and other damages they’ve suffered due to an irresponsible or reckless driver’s actions. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case review today.
How Our Altadena Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
Before you and your family reach out to an attorney, you will want to know if this is the right choice. After all, a personal injury lawyer should make your life easier and help you achieve a favorable outcome in your case. At HPIL, we cannot guarantee a specific outcome—no attorney or law firm can—but we can help handle the logistics of your claim so you can get back to focusing on other matters. Here are a few ways we may be able to assist:
- Connect You with Resources: Our legal team has decades of collective experience overseeing personal injury and wrongful death claims. We’ve forged strong connections with local expert witnesses, medical providers, and other professionals who can assist with your case or oversee your recovery. If necessary, an expert witness is just a phone call away, ready to provide deposition in your case. We can also connect you with healthcare providers and facilities that will help you get the best possible care.
- Conduct a Thorough Investigation: As part of our tailored approach, our lawyers will investigate your claim to ensure we’ve gathered all the available evidence and can develop legal strategies unique to your case.
- Handle Your Claim: After a serious bike accident, you are likely in no state to deal with the constant back-and-forth of filing an insurance claim. From day one, you may be bombarded with requests for documents and receive countless letters outlining your benefits. Our motorcycle accident attorneys will handle the insurance claim process for you, including responding to requests for documentation, answering the claims adjuster’s questions, and providing the evidence required to approve your claim.
- Oversee Settlement Negotiations: Once your claim is approved, you will have to negotiate a settlement. It’s not uncommon for insurance companies to begin with a lowball settlement offer in the hopes that you take the money and run. Our attorneys can determine whether an offer is fair and negotiate a more favorable outcome if it is necessary to do so. At HPIL, we always strive to obtain the greatest amount possible.
- Litigate Your Case: While most motorcycle accident claims are settled out of court, you may be forced to file a lawsuit if opposing parties refuse to agree to a fair settlement. During the discovery phase of a lawsuit, we can collect additional evidence which might help strengthen your claim. Additionally, filing a lawsuit can help demonstrate that you are taking your claim seriously. If we are unable to reach a settlement, our trial attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and resources to provide tenacious representation during trial.
What Role Might Expert Witnesses Play in My Motorcycle Wreck Claim?
Expert witnesses are professionals with backgrounds in specific fields. These individuals possess in-depth knowledge in their area of expertise, allowing them to provide useful insight during claims proceedings, litigation, or trial. For example, an accident reconstruction expert can investigate the accident scene to determine how the accident happened and who is responsible. A vocational expert could provide deposition regarding how the plaintiff’s income-earning capacity was affected by their injuries. At HPIL, our motorcycle accident attorneys have gathered an expansive network of respected experts working across a range of different fields. These expert witnesses are not only highly respected but also have experience providing deposition during litigation and testifying in personal injury cases. Here are a few examples of expert witnesses we may call on to assist with your claim.
- Medical Experts: Besides assisting during settlement estimations, a medical specialist can also provide deposition regarding the severity of your condition, long-term limitations stemming from your injuries, and medical treatment you will require in the future. Your attorney may consult with a medical expert to ensure that you do not overlook costs that may be recoverable as part of your claim. For example, if you suffered a permanent disability, a medical expert could help determine whether you will require long-term nursing care or any other medical interventions down the line.
- Vocational Experts: If you were unable to work due to your injuries, your attorney may turn to a vocational expert to help approximate the value of your lost wages and determine whether your injuries will impact your income earning capacity in the long run.
- Accident Reconstruction Experts: By investigating the accident scene and reviewing evidence you and your attorney have gathered, an accident reconstruction expert can determine what caused the accident. For example, he or she may analyze road markings to find out whether the at-fault motorist took sufficient steps to avoid the collision.
Speak to an Altadena Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
When you hire Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your motorcycle accident claim, you will have an attorney by your side with the knowledge, experience, and resources to prevail during settlement negotiations, litigation, or trial. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or drop us a message online to discuss your options with an attorney. The initial consultation is free.