Altadena Truck Accident Attorneys
Altadena Truck Accident Attorneys
Semi-trucks can weigh up to 40 tons, and that’s before even a single package is loaded onto this giant vehicle. Unsurprisingly, when these freeway freighters collide with another motorist, they can do serious damage. In 2019 alone, more than 4,000 road users were killed in accidents involving commercial trucks and thousands more injured. If you were the victim of a large truck crash, our Altadena truck accident attorneys are here to assist with your claim. Filing a claim against a commercial trucker can be a daunting prospect. After all, you will most likely be going up against the driver, the trucking company, and their insurer. Hiring an attorney at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers could help level the playing field, giving you access to tenacious representation, trusted legal guidance, and our expansive network of expert witnesses. Contact us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to find out more about our free case reviews.
What Sets HPIL Apart from Other Firms in Altadena?
There’s no shortage of personal injury attorneys eager to handle your claim, but the quality of legal representation can vary drastically from one firm to the next. At HPIL, we believe we are in a league of our own. We have a history of success—both in and out of court—and have built a reputation for providing passionate and effective representation whether it’s during settlement negotiations, litigation, or trial. Here are a few more factors that set our truck accident attorneys apart from the rest:
- Track Record of Success: Through the years, our legal team has helped our clients win more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts. Simply put, we know what it takes to succeed—even in the most complex cases. Our reputation for providing effective representation and tough litigation is well known to insurers in the state, which can help level the playing field if you’re going up against one of California’s large trucking companies.
- In-Depth Case Investigations: There are some law firms that will treat you like just another number. Their goal is to settle your case as quickly as possible, maximizing their profits without considering the financial implications for you and your family. At HPIL, we offer tailored representation which includes a willingness to conduct in-depth investigations into every accident claim we handle. We understand that the outcome of a personal injury case often hinges on the strength of evidence presented, so we will dedicate our resources to helping you uncover all evidence that could potentially be used to prove liability, causation, and damages.
- Accessibility: Whether you have questions about claims proceedings, want updates on the progress of your case, or need guidance during this challenging chapter of your life, our attorneys strive to respond to calls, texts, and emails as soon as possible. From day one, you will have a direct line to our legal team, and if you cannot come to our offices, we will send a lawyer to you—no matter where you are.
- Honesty: Many attorneys will say anything to get you to sign on the dotted line. Some may even gloss over potential weaknesses in your case to secure your business. The result: unexpected complications that can send your world into a tailspin. At HPIL, we prioritize integrity above all else. During your initial consultation, we will provide an honest assessment of your truck accident claim and give you and your family reliable answers to your case-related questions.
- Proven Legal Strategies: There are some lawyers who have practiced law for several years but never brought a case to trial. At HPIL, our attorneys have decades of collective experience litigating a wide variety of complex personal injury cases, from car wrecks to slip and falls to dog bites. Whether you are preparing your claim or entering litigation, we have the legal strategies necessary to prevail during all stages of proceedings.
What Can I Do to Strengthen My Truck Accident Claim?
When you hire an attorney at HPIL to oversee your case, you can get back to focusing on your family, health, and well-being without worrying about the legal complexities of the claims process. We can help compile evidence, interview eyewitnesses, consult with expert witnesses if necessary, and handle the logistics important to your claim. However, there are a few steps you can take to ensure our investigation starts on a strong foot:
- Compile the Evidence You’ve Gathered Thus Far: Whether you took pictures of your injuries immediately after the accident, obtained your medical records, or noted the contact numbers of eyewitnesses, you should compile this evidence to share with your attorney during your initial consultation. Other useful evidence can include receipts and invoices for any accident-related costs, your personal injury journal, a written account of the accident, and a copy of the police accident report.
- Deactivate Your Social Media Accounts: Any posts you publish online could be used as evidence to dispute your claim. As such, disabling your accounts can prevent the insurer and other opposing parties from using your social media profiles to gather evidence against you.
- Visit the Doctor Immediately After Leaving the Accident Scene: When you visit the doctor, he or she will create medical records documenting information about your condition, treatment, and other aspects of your recovery. Your truck accident attorney will likely rely on your medical records to connect your injuries to the accident, prove damages such as your medical bills, and build a case for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering.
- Stick to Your Treatment Plan: Whether your physical therapist has instructed you to perform certain exercises or your doctor has ordered you to take time off work until your condition improves, you should never deviate from your treatment plan. Sticking to their script will help reduce the chances of facing disputes over failure to mitigate damages.
Speak to a Truck Accident Attorney in Altadena Today
Going up against a commercial trucking company alone can be incredibly stressful. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, it’s likely their insurer will commit considerable time and resources towards disputing your claim. At HPIL, our attorneys can assist you during this challenging chapter of your life, helping you gather the necessary evidence to prove your claim and preparing your case for settlement negotiations or trial. Call our 24/7 phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or head over to our online contact page to book a free initial consultation.