Carlsbad Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Carlsbad Bicycle Accident Attorneys
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced team of personal injury attorneys routinely help bike accident victims seek compensation for their physical, financial, and emotional damages. For a free case assessment with a member of our team, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases We Handle in Carlsbad
- Bike accidents caused by a motorist’s distracted or impaired driving
- Accidents caused by defective vehicle parts
- Accidents involving poor or hazardous road conditions
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Accidents involving multiple bicycles
- Failure-to-yield bicycle accidents
- Other types of accidents involving bicyclists on California roads
Seeking Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident
If you work with us, our experienced and compassionate lawyers will assist you in seeking compensation for the physical, emotional, psychological, and financial damages stemming from your bicycle accident.
In Carlsbad, you can recover “compensatory damages” for the following types of losses:
- Past, current and future medical expenses incurred as a result of your injury
- Lost wages and reduced future earning potential due to lasting or permanent disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering stemming from the accident
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
Some cases may involve a claim for “punitive damages,” which may apply if the defendant acted in a malicious or egregiously reckless manner. Your attorney will examine the specific facts of your case to determine whether you should bring a claim for punitive damages.
Minor vs. Catastrophic Injuries
The injuries stemming from bicycle accidents can range from minor to catastrophic. A minor injury does not result in lasting or substantial damage like brain or spinal cord damage. Catastrophic injuries, on the other hand, are life-altering and demand a different case strategy.
Catastrophic injuries are defined by:
- Substantial damage: Catastrophic injuries tend to result in higher monetary recoveries because they often result in a lifetime of lost income and medical care.
- Heightened scrutiny: Insurers examine every aspect of a catastrophic injury case since the payouts tend to be much higher.
- Increased chance of proceeding to litigation: Because of the severity of the injuries and the seriousness of the claim, a catastrophic injury is more likely to proceed to trial.
Contact Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers.
Our Carlsbad bicycle accident attorneys know how insurance adjusters think: They are on your side until you request more compensation. We will take over all communications and negotiations with them and will help you seek the treatment you need, regardless of whether an adjuster deems it “necessary.”
If you are unable to come to our office for an initial consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.