Carlsbad Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Carlsbad Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
California suffers some of the highest rates of pedestrian fatalities in the nation, the vast majority of which are caused by distracted or impaired driving. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our Carlsbad pedestrian accident attorneys handle all types of accidents and can help you pursue damages for your injuries and other expenses. We have decades of experience representing pedestrian accident victims and surviving family members.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian collision, contact us for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney. Our team is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we can come to you if you are unable to travel. Give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
Common Causes of Vehicle-Pedestrian Collisions in Carlsbad
Our California personal injury lawyers have a track record of successfully recovering damages for victims of pedestrian accidents.
We have found that the most common forms of negligence that lead to pedestrian collisions include, among others:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Running red lights
- Driving without headlights
- Failing to yield to the pedestrian’s right of way
- Ignoring crossing signals
Depending on what caused the accident, our attorneys will use different tactics, from hiring an accident reconstructionist to replicate the scene of the wreck to proving a driver’s intoxication or impairment. We understand the laws governing motorists and pedestrians and will build an argument tailored to the circumstances of your case.
Steps to Take After A Pedestrian Collision
If you have been injured in a collision, or if you witnessed a friend or family member’s accident, you should act quickly to preserve evidence that can support your claim.
- Call 911. This will ensure that the victim immediately gets the treatment he or she needs – which should be everyone’s priority. Never assume that the victim is “okay” or does not need immediate help. Certain injuries, like head traumas, can be hard to detect and may not present for days – or even weeks – after the accident.
- Speak with the driver. While speaking with the at-fault driver is probably the last thing you want to do when you’re injured, it is critical to obtain his or her name, contact information, and insurance information before leaving the scene. This information will prove valuable should you eventually decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit.
- Document the accident and injuries. Capture as many photos and videos as you can. Be sure to snap pictures of the vehicles involved, the crosswalk or intersection where the incident occurred, any property damage, and your injuries.
- Contact eyewitnesses. Approach any eyewitnesses to gather their names and contact information and be sure to write down their personal accounts of the incident (or ask them to do so).
For a Free Consultation with our Carlsbad Pedestrian Accident Lawyers, Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today!
The personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are here to guide you through the claims process. Our experience representing accident victims throughout California positions us to help you pursue maximum compensation for your injuries and other losses. Call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to get started.