Carlsbad Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Carlsbad Bus Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in a bus accident, your top priority should be seeking medical attention for your injuries. Once you’ve done so, it is vital to pick up the phone and call a personal injury attorney before critical evidence vanishes.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to learn more.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle in Carlsbad
Depending on the type of bus, what caused the accident, and the extent of your injuries, our personal injury lawyers will use different tactics to pursue compensation.
Our bus accident lawyers understand the laws binding bus drivers across industries and handle the following types of cases, among others:
- Bus accidents involving public buses
- Bus accidents involving school buses
- Airport shuttle accidents
- Tour bus accidents
- Bus accidents involving drowsy, distracted, or impaired bus drivers
- Bus accidents caused by mechanical failures
- Bus accidents involving pedestrians
- Bus accidents caused by poor road conditions
- Bus accidents resulting in wrongful death
Who Is Responsible for a Bus Accident?
After suffering injuries in a bus accident, you will naturally want to know who is going to be held responsible. Who is liable for your injuries, and who is going to pay for them?
Aside from the bus driver, many different parties may be liable for your damages. Some of these parties may include:
- The bus company
- A government agency
- The individual owner of the bus
- A school board
- The bus manufacturer or retailer
- The bus driver
- A bus passenger
- The negligent driver of a vehicle
To determine who is responsible, we will review the police report and eyewitness accounts. Then, we will speak with other passengers, pedestrians, or other motorists who were involved in the accident or who saw it happen. Finally, we will look for photos and videos of the crash.
If we are not able to reach a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company, we will file a lawsuit against the parties to gain more evidence. Through the discovery process, we can access bus company records and depose the bus drivers and individuals. Once we have gathered and reviewed the evidence, we will confirm the liable party and vigorously pursue full and fair compensation for your physical, emotional, psychological, and financial injuries.
Questions Your Bus Accident Attorney May Ask
The specific questions your lawyer asks you will depend upon the unique facts of your case. However, generally, you should be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How, when, and where did the accident occur?
- What types of injuries did you sustain?
- Have you sought treatment for your injuries? If so, what?
- What is your prognosis?
- Has anyone involved in the accident contacted you? Did you provide any statements?
- Who witnessed the accident?
- Have you been able to work since your accident?
- What accident-related expenses have you incurred?
- Have you posted about your accident or injuries on social media?
- Did you take any photos of the accident scene or your injuries?
Discuss Your Claim with A Carlsbad Bus Accident Lawyer Today!
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from a bus accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies and are equipped to help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.