Carlsbad Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Carlsbad Slip and Fall Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents send thousands of people to emergency rooms and urgent care facilities every year. For victims, the cost of medical care alone can easily reach tens of thousands of dollars. Our Carlsbad slip and fall attorneys understand how devastating these injuries can be. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, we are here to help you pursue the compensation you need to regain your financial footing.
To discuss your case in a free, no-obligation consultation, dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS today. Someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call, and we will come to you if you are unable to travel.
Types of Slip and Fall Claims We Handle in Carlsbad
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
Our Carlsbad Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Experienced in Defending Injury Victims.
There are dozens of tactics an insurance company or property owner might use to dispute your claim. Our Carlsbad slip and fall attorneys can help you stay one step ahead by anticipating the disputes that are most likely to arise given the facts of your case.
Here are a few of the reasons an opposing party might dispute your claim:
- Lack of Actual or Constructive Knowledge: Most slip and fall claims are filed by “invitees,” people who are invited onto a property for business dealings with the owner or manager. Property owners have a duty to ensure their premises are reasonably safe for invitees by inspecting their premises and resolving obvious hazards. To win a slip and fall case, it’s usually necessary to prove that the defendant (or one of its employees) had actual or constructive knowledge of the hazard in question. If the defendant knew about the dangerous condition (actual knowledge) or should have known about it through the exercise of reasonable diligence (constructive knowledge), he or she may argue that no duty of care was violated.
- You Were Negligent: If you were caught on camera doing something negligent that contributed to the slip and fall, you might be held partially or entirely liable for the resulting damages. For example, if you purposely slid along a spilled liquid for fun and suffered an injury as a result, it’s unlikely that the property owner would be responsible.
- You’ve Failed to Mitigate Your Damages: Even if your slip and fall lawyer can prove negligence, a dispute could still arise if you failed to mitigate your damages. This means that you failed to take steps to minimize your medical bills, lost income, and other damages. Such a dispute might arise if the insurance adjuster finds out that you ignored your doctor’s instructions by participating in strenuous activities, missing medical appointments, failing to fill your prescriptions, or returning to work too soon.
- The Statute of Limitations Passed: There are strict deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits. If the deadline that applies to your case has passed, the opposing party is unlikely to pay a settlement since your case will almost certainly be dismissed by a judge.
Discuss Your Case with a Carlsbad Slip and Fall Attorney Today!
Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. We look forward to hearing your story and helping you recover.