Fountain Valley Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Fountain Valley Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Rideshare services have simplified the daily commute, whether it’s a quick trip to the bakery or a long-haul to the nearest city. However, this new fleet of “taxis” isn’t without its flaws, and like any other transport service there’s always the risk of an accident. If you were hurt while using an Uber or Lyft, our Fountain Valley rideshare accident attorneys may be able to assist with your claim. We’ve handled a wide range of road accident claims, from truck crashes to train wrecks. Discuss your options with one of our attorneys; call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
How Long Will My Claim Take?
The duration of a rideshare accident claims can vary drastically from one case to the next. There are many different factors that could influence how long it takes to resolve your claim, such as:
- How Long It Takes for You to Recover: Some serious injuries, such as spinal cord injuries, brain trauma, and whiplash, can take weeks or even months to heal. It’s never a good idea to accept a settlement offer until you know exactly how much your condition will cost to treat. As such, the longer it takes for you to achieve maximum medical improvement—the point in your treatment where further improvement is unlikely—the longer it may take to resolve your claim. While you may need funds right now, accepting the insurer’s first offer is often a one-way ticket to financial turmoil in the future. Make sure you understand the severity of your injuries and the associated costs for treatment, rehabilitation, and pain management to avoid unanticipated healthcare costs.
- The Strength of Evidence You’ve Gathered: If you do not have adequate evidence to prove liability and damages, you should expect the insurer or an opposing party to challenge your case. While you can gather some of this evidence on your own, you may benefit from contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. He or she can work to obtain the essential evidence before it is altered, destroyed, or becomes unavailable for any other reason. The lawyers at HPIL can help assess any evidence you’ve collected. Our legal team can then determine what evidence still needs to be gathered, file subpoenas to get hold of evidence that is difficult to access, and potentially consult with expert witnesses to prove aspects of your claim.
- The Amount You’re Pursuing: If you’re seeking a significant sum, the insurance company will have a strong incentive to dispute your claim. Insurers generate a profit by bringing in more in premiums than they pay out in settlements. As such, the insurance adjuster may dig deep to unearth any evidence that could be used to reduce or deny your claim. For instance, they may monitor your social media profiles, bring in their own accident reconstruction expert, or request an independent medical examination. Our Fountain Valley rideshare accident attorneys will do everything in their power to help you obtain reasonable compensation. Our attorneys relish the opportunity to go to court and will gladly move to trial if it is in your best interests to do so.
How Can I Improve My Chances of Recovering Fair Compensation?
With your financial future at stake, you may be willing to do anything you can to improve your odds of obtaining a favorable settlement. However, our attorneys can help handle the logistics of your case, giving you the time to take care of your well-being, family, and other important matters. We can help collect evidence, prepare your claim, consult with expert witnesses and medical specialists, and handle the other tasks involved in seeking a settlement or verdict. There are, however, a few steps you can take to safeguard your claim and prevent potential disputes in the future, such as:
- Seek Immediate Treatment: After you’ve left the accident scene, you should immediately schedule a doctor’s appointment. Not only can this help ensure that you get a prompt diagnosis, but it can also help reduce the risks of facing disputes over failure to mitigate damages.
- Follow Your Healthcare Provider’s Instructions: Seeking treatment is just the first part of fulfilling your duty to take sufficient steps to mitigate damages. Throughout your recovery, you must follow your doctor’s orders to ensure that you do not aggravate your condition.
- Start a Personal Injury Journal: This journal is a diary you can use to log how your injuries are impacting your personal wellbeing. In addition to tracking your pain levels and describing any limitations stemming from your injuries, you should also take notes during doctor’s visits, track medication side effects, and write an account of how the accident happened.
- Preserve Evidence You’ve Gathered: Any financial documents, photographs from the accident scene, and other evidence that you believe could help strengthen your case should be compiled and carefully preserved. For instance, if you’ve obtained medical records, paystubs, eyewitness statements, or the official police accident report, hold onto this evidence to share with your attorney during your initial consultation.
Contact Us Today to Speak to a Fountain Valley Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, turn to our Fountain Valley personal injury lawyers for advice, guidance, and representation. Contact us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our Contact Page to book a free case evaluation.