Fountain Valley Wrongful Death Attorneys
Fountain Valley Wrongful Death Attorneys
Losing a loved due to someone else’s negligent actions can be a rollercoaster of emotions. You may be heartbroken over their passing, overwhelmed by the new responsibilities you’ve had to take on, and angry at the party that was responsible for their death. While we understand that no amount of money can ever make up for your loss, filing a personal injury claim can help you hold the at-fault parties responsible for what they’ve done. Our Fountain Valley wrongful death attorneys are here to assist you with your claim. You can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you’re unable to travel to our offices, we will come to you. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case review.
Qualities That Set Our Attorneys Apart from Others
No doubt you’ve encountered more than a few billboards or television slots advertising personal injury legal services. Unfortunately, while these lawyers may be saying exactly what you want to hear, many of the firms behind these marketing campaigns do not have your best interests at heart. Some are so-called “settlement mills”, meaning they will push to settle your case as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the offer is fair or not. At HPIL, we understand that every case is unique. With us, you aren’t just another number, we will treat you and your family with compassion and respect as we fight to help you obtain a financial award. Here are a few more qualities that our attorneys can bring to the table:
- We Have a Track Record of Success: When searching for an attorney to handle your wrongful death claim, it’s important to find someone that has an in-depth understanding of the statutes and case law that applies to your case. For instance, if your loved one died in a truck wreck, it would make sense to hire an attorney who has won truck and other road accident claims. At HPIL, our attorneys have handled many different types of wrongful death claims including car accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and falls, train wrecks, and many others. Once we’ve reviewed your case, our attorneys will know the most valuable evidence to compile and can anticipate potential disputes and how to mitigate them.
- We Have Trial Experience: Sometimes an opposing party or the insurer will refuse to settle just to see if you have the conviction and resources to file a lawsuit. If you hire an attorney who doesn’t have trial experience, he or she may be more inclined to agree to an unfavorable offer to avoid the challenges of going to court. However, with a seasoned trial lawyer by your side, you will send the message that you are taking your claim seriously and are ready to move to trial if you can’t reach an agreement.
- We Have Positive Reviews: Testimonials can provide you with insight into a law firm’s track record, areas of expertise, and how they deal with clients. We’ve helped our clients secure millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, a fact you can see reflected in our many positive reviews.
- We Are Accessible: After losing a loved one, the world can feel like an intimidating place. Every day introduces new challenges and pursuing a wrongful death suit will only add to this burden. Fortunately, an accessible lawyer can help simplify your life, providing you with prompt answers to your questions and explaining your role at every stage of proceedings. Our Fountain Valley wrongful death attorneys always provide clients with a direct line of contact and strive to return phone calls and emails promptly.
How Much Is My Wrongful Death Claim Worth?
While a financial award in a wrongful death case can never fill the void left by your lost loved one, it can at least give you and your family a financial safety net during this challenging chapter of your life. Here are some examples of the damages typically available to plaintiffs:
- The Deceased’s Household Contributions: Did your lost loved one provide childcare, cook meals, or take care of the house? In the wake of their death—especially if it was sudden—you will likely struggle to tackle these tasks on your own. Many victims must hire a nanny, make use of alternative transportation, and bring in a cleaner to take over the deceased’s responsibilities. These expenses could be factored into your claim.
- The Deceased’s Projected Career Trajectory: Was your loved one set to retire? Or was he or she just beginning a new career? How much was the victim expected to earn during over the next few years? Ultimately, when your loved one dies, the income they were expected to generate will dry up in an instant. If you were financially dependent on the deceased, you may be entitled to the earnings and benefits they would’ve provided had they survived. At HPIL, our attorneys may consult with economists and vocational experts to map out your loved one’s expected career trajectory and estimate the value of lost wages.
- The Deceased’s Medical Bills: Unless the victim died immediately in the accident, they were likely admitted to hospital. Treatment can often cost a small fortune, and in many situations, it’s the victim’s family that must foot the bill. Fortunately, these expenses might be recoverable as part of the claim.
Speak to a Fountain Valley Wrongful Death Attorney Today
After losing a loved one, it’s only natural to feel completely overwhelmed. Our attorneys are here to help guide you through this challenging chapter of your life. To connect with a member of our legal team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or drop us a message via our Contact Page. Your first case review is free.