Fountain Valley Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Fountain Valley Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
While California’s park trails and public beaches are paradise for those on foot, this easy walking can turn into a dance with death when you switch to the city roads. If you were injured by a motorist, our Fountain Valley pedestrian accident attorneys can help you seek compensation for your injuries. We provide trusted guidance and aggressive legal representation, two valuable assets in the fight for a fair settlement. Our top case results demonstrate our track record of success in and out of court. We’ve helped our clients obtain settlements and verdicts worth millions of dollars. Contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case review.
How Our Fountain Valley Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
If you’re thinking of hiring an attorney, it’s likely this is your first time contacting a law firm. We understand that this can be an intimidating step—after all, you just want the assurance that this is the best decision for you and your family. While we cannot predict the outcome of your case—no law firm can—we can promise to do everything in our power to help you fight for a fair settlement. Here are a few ways we might be able to assist with your claim:
- Connect You with Resources: With decades of collective experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases, we have forged strong connections with the area’s expert witnesses, medical providers, and other professionals. We can help connect you with doctors and facilities that will help ensure you get the best possible care available. Our legal team can also consult with a wide range of experts to help quantify your damages and prove liability.
- Conduct a Thorough Investigation: Your case shouldn’t depend solely on the insurance company’s investigation and findings. You should have someone in your corner to conduct an in-depth investigation into the accident, compile evidence, and analyze the evidence on your behalf to prepare a convincing claim. At HPIL, our attorneys work for you—no one else.
- Estimate a Fair Settlement: Approximating the value of your accident-related losses is an essential part of proceedings. Without a clear idea of the full extent of your economic, physical, and psychological injuries, you won’t know whether the insurer’s offer is a fair settlement or a lowball proposal. Accepting a settlement that doesn’t cover your full costs could put you and your family at risk of financial turmoil down the line. At HPIL, we can work with you, your medical providers, and various expert witnesses to estimate fair compensation for your losses. If we believe you have a strong case for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and emotional distress, we can help you develop evidence of such losses by obtaining psychiatric records and guiding you through the process of starting and maintaining a comprehensive personal injury journal.
- Handle the Insurance Claim: After the collision, it can be exhausting to field calls from the insurance company, respond to requests for documents, and shoot off letters to obtain medical records and other important evidence. Ultimately, you need time to rest and recover. Our Fountain Valley pedestrian accident attorneys can handle the insurance claim process, from overseeing correspondence with the claims adjuster to representing your best interests during settlement negotiations.
What Can I Do to Strengthen My Pedestrian Accident Claim?
From doctor’s visits to the hard work of healing, there’s a lot to do after a serious road accident. With so much on your plate, it can be hard to focus on the demanding task of filing a personal injury claim. Fortunately, you can hand over the reins to our Fountain Valley pedestrian accident attorneys so you can turn your attention other matters such as taking the steps listed here:
- Write an Account of the Accident: Whether it’s on your phone or a piece of paper, you should write down everything you remember about the accident. This should include basic details such as the time and place in addition to a description of what happen before you were struck by the motorist. If you spoke to any eyewitnesses, you should include their statements and contact details to share with your attorney. You might also want to note the location of any nearby surveillance cameras that may have captured footage of the accident.
- Preserve Evidence: While some evidence may seem insignificant, it may go on to form the backbone of your case. As such, you should take steps to preserve any evidence that you’ve gathered so that it can be thoroughly evaluated by your attorney. For instance, if you snapped pictures at the accident scene, you should save copies somewhere to avoid accidentally deleting or losing these files. Images of your injuries could help your attorney tie your condition to the accident or help build a convincing case for pain and suffering.
- Let Your Attorney Handle Dialogue with the Insurer: Once you’ve hired an attorney, you won’t have to stress about responding to calls and emails from the insurer; your attorney will oversee all dialogue on your behalf. As the insurance company may be looking for evidence that could be used to challenge your case, any statements you make to the claims adjuster could compromise your claim. If, for example, you provide a statement that brings the value of your losses into question, you may encounter disputes.
Contact Us Today to Speak to a Fountain Valley Pedestrian Accident Attorney
At HPIL, we typically handle pedestrian accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means you don’t pay a cent in attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Whether you want to discuss your options with attorney or need answers to your questions, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message. Your initial consultation is free.