Fountain Valley Truck Accident Attorneys
Fountain Valley Truck Accident Attorneys
Even at slower speeds, a collision with a truck can be deadly. Those who survive often suffer catastrophic injuries that can lead to a lifetime of pain, complications, and medical expenses. If you were hurt on the road and want to file a claim for your damages, our Fountain Valley truck accident attorneys may be able to assist. We provide compassionate representation at every stage of proceedings. Not only do we have a track record of success in and out of court, but we also strive to make this process as simple and stress-free as possible for our clients. To get started, call our 24/7 phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
How Much Might My Claim Be Worth?
Medical expenses, repair bills, alternative transportation, and your daily costs; after a truck accident, it may feel like your savings account has sprung a leak. And if you’ve been unable to work due to your injuries, you might have no way to pay off these mounting debts. It’s a precarious position that could lead to bankruptcy. What you need right now is a financial lifeline. Filing a personal injury claim could help you get your hands on the funds you and your family need to avoid financial turmoil down the line. Understandably, you may be eager to find out what your case is worth. While we can’t give you an exact dollar amount—no law firm can—we can investigate the accident, compile evidence, and use widely accepted methods to estimate the potential recovery in your case. Below are a few factors we might consider:
- Lost Income: Whether you were stuck in hospital recovering or your condition makes it impossible to perform work tasks, there are many reasons why victims must take time off from their jobs. However, even a single missed paycheck can be enough to put your life into a tailspin—especially when your medical bills start adding up. Fortunately, claimants can seek compensation for lost wages; both for the income lost in the past and the earnings they are likely to miss out on in the future. If you suffered a permanent disability, it’s possible you may never be able to work again. Your attorney might consult with vocational experts and economists to determine fair compensation for your lost income-earning capacity.
- Your Own Level of Liability: In truck accident cases, liability is often shared among multiple parties. For instance, both the driver, his employer, and their respective insurance companies may be liable for your damages. Alternatively, you could also be held liable for some or all your damages. For example, if you went against your doctor’s orders and your negligence caused your condition to worsen, the trucking company may argue that you contributed to your damages. As a result, you might be held liable for these additional losses.
- Extent of Your Injuries: In most cases, severe injuries or permanent conditions tend to cost far more to treat than more minor injuries. The victim is also more likely to experience higher levels of pain and suffering. As such, the extent of your injuries will often have a significant impact on the eventual recovery in your case.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Assist You with Your Claim
Filing a claim against a truck driver and their employer can be a daunting prospect. It’s likely the trucking company’s insurer will commit significant resources towards challenging your claim, leaving you alone to face off against their skilled legal team. Hiring an attorney will ensure you have someone in your corner who is not only familiar with the types of tactics used by insurance companies to reduce or deny claims but can also handle the logistics of your case so you can get back to focusing on your recovery and other important matters. Here are a few more ways we may be able to help you fight for a fair settlement:
- Estimate a Fair Settlement: Insurance companies make money based on one simple principle: Take in more in premiums than you pay out in claims. As such, claims adjusters have a strong incentive to dispute claims to minimize payouts—especially if a claimant is seeking a significant sum. If you enter negotiations without a clear idea of what your claim might be worth, you may accept an offer that doesn’t cover your full damages. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. we can help estimate fair compensation for your losses by reviewing your medical records, invoices, receipts, and other important financial documents. We also have access to a vast network of expert witnesses including accident reconstruction experts and economists, who we can bring in to provide an accurate assessment of your damages and determine liability.
- Conduct a Thorough Investigation: While the insurance company, police officers, and opposing parties may all be investigating the accident, you cannot trust their findings alone. The insurer, for example, may be incentivized to downplay their liability by picking and choosing evidence that fits their narrative. We provide tailored representation, which means we investigate each new claim to ensure we have the evidence necessary to prove liability, causation, and damages.
- Connect You with Resources: We have decades of collective experience handling car accident cases. During this time, we’ve forged strong relationships with expert witnesses, healthcare providers, and other professionals in Fountain Valley. When you hire one of our attorneys, you gain access to our extensive resources and expansive professional networks. Additionally, we may be able to connect you with facilities, doctors, and specialists that can help you get the best possible healthcare available.
Contact Us Today to Speak to a Fountain Valley Truck Accident Attorney
If you were seriously hurt in a truck wreck, our legal team may be able to assist with your claim. Whether it’s negotiating a fair settlement or providing tenacious representation during trial, we have the knowledge, resources, and experience to represent your best interests at every stage of proceedings. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or click through to our Contact Page to book your free case review.