La Jolla Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
La Jolla Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Have you or a loved one recently been involved in a bicycle accident? At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our experienced team of La Jolla personal injury attorneys routinely help victims of bike accidents seek compensation for their physical, financial, and emotional damages. For a free case assessment with a member of our team, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases We Handle
- Bike accidents caused by a motorist’s distracted or impaired driving
- Accidents caused by defective vehicle parts
- Accidents involving poor or hazardous road conditions
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Accidents involving multiple bicycles
- Failure-to-yield bicycle accidents
- Other types of accidents involving bicyclists on California roads
Pursuing Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident
Our experienced and compassionate lawyers will assist you in seeking compensation for the physical, emotional, psychological, and financial damages stemming from your bicycle accident.
Accident victims can generally recover “compensatory damages” for the following types of losses:
- Past, current and future medical expenses incurred as a result of your injury
- Lost wages and reduced future earning potential due to lasting or permanent disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering stemming from the accident
- Emotional and psychological distress
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
Some cases involve a claim for “punitive damages,” or “exemplary damages.” Punitive damages may apply if the opposing party acted in a malicious or egregiously reckless manner. Your attorney will examine the specific facts of your case to determine whether you should bring a claim for punitive damages.
From Minor to Catastrophic Injuries
The injuries stemming from bicycle accidents can range from minor to catastrophic. A minor injury does not result in lasting injuries like brain or spinal cord damage. However, catastrophic injuries are life-altering.
Catastrophic injuries are marked by the following features:
- Substantial Damage: Because catastrophic injuries often result in a lifetime of lost income and medical care and as such, the stakes are very high. As such, they result in much higher monetary recoveries.
- Increased Scrutiny: Insurance companies tend to subject catastrophic cases to heightened scrutiny since the settlement demands tend to be much higher. However, this is the benefit of working with an attorney: Our La Jolla bike accident attorneys will work to ensure that you are not pressured into accepting an unsatisfactory settlement.
- Litigation: Because of the severity of the injuries and the seriousness of the claim, a catastrophic injury is more likely to proceed to trial.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
Our La Jolla bicycle accident lawyers know that insurance adjusters are on your side until you request more compensation. We will take over all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and will help you seek the treatment you need. We understand that your injury is life burdensome and we will fight for your right to maximum recovery for the suffering you’ve endured so that you can focus on moving forward and adjusting to your new normal.
If you are unable to come to our office for an initial consultation, we will come to you. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.