La Jolla Slip and Fall Attorneys
La Jolla Slip and Fall Attorneys
If you have recently suffered a fall on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we know what it takes to pursue settlements and verdicts for slip and fall clients like you. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a slip and fall accident in La Jolla, we encourage you to call us. Someone is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take your call, and we will come to you if you are unable to travel. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS to get started.
Types of Claims Our La Jolla Slip and Fall Attorneys Handle
- Weather-related slip and falls
- Poolside slip and falls
- Outdoor slip and falls
- Indoor slip and falls
- Falls caused by freshly mopped floors without associated warning signs
- Slip and falls caused by spilled liquids
- Falls due to a lack of adequate handrails on a stairwell
- Falls on public walkways and parking lots
- Slip and falls on public property
- Slip and falls on commercial premises
- Slip and falls on residential premises
What is A “Duty of Care?”
Property owners and managers owe a “duty of care” to their visitors. This means that they are responsible for keeping the premises reasonably safe, clean, and free from obvious hazards. A violation of the duty of care is called “negligence.” In a slip and fall case, evidence of negligence can take several forms. Generally, it is geared toward proving that the property owner or manager failed to keep the property in a reasonably safe condition, free of hazards. As such, proof of negligence may include surveillance footage, photos of the hazardous conditions that caused the fall, eyewitness depositions, an official incident report, records of similar accidents that occurred on the property in the past, and property maintenance records. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you have a duty of your own: First, you must mitigate your damages. This means that you should immediately seek the medical treatment you need to address your injuries. Second, you need to take all steps you can to preserve your claim. In slip and fall cases that involve physical evidence like a torn carpet or a spill, another party can (and likely will) try to erase any sign of the hazard. To reduce this risk, you can:
- Inform the property owner or manager of the incident and the condition that may have caused it.
- Fill out an incident report.
- Contact the police to secure an accident report.
- Take photos and videos of the scene.
- Record the names and contact information of the property owner, tenant, or manager on-site at the time of the accident, as well as any eyewitnesses to the incident.
- Preserve the shoes that you were wearing at the time of the fall.
Compensation for Slip and Fall Injuries
On top of pain and suffering, you are likely facing astronomical medical expenses. To pursue compensation for your injuries, meet with us to learn about filing what’s known as a “premises liability” lawsuit against the property owner or manager. Through litigation and the insurance claim process, we will pursue compensation for your:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
Discuss Your Case with a La Jolla Slip and Fall Attorney Today.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our team will answer your questions, ensure you understand your rights, and devise a strategy to approach your case with an eye to winning the maximum amount of compensation. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review.