La Jolla Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
La Jolla Truck Accident Attorneys
Collisions between vehicles and large tractor-trailers can cause devastating injuries. Victims of truck accidents can face not only crippling, life-altering physical damage, but also financial stress due to mounting medical bills and lost wages.
If you or a family member have been injured in a truck accident, call our La Jolla personal injury attorneys. We have collective decades of experience serving truck accident victims and can help you pursue damages to help you get your health – and your finances – back on track.
Discuss your case with a member of our team by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Cases Our La Jolla Truck Accident Attorneys Handle
Numerous factors can cause a truck accident, from defective auto parts to poor road conditions and negligent driving. A skilled personal injury lawyer will employ different strategies based on the unique circumstances of each case. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will conduct a thorough investigation to identify the cause of the crash and will tailor our negotiation and litigation strategies accordingly.
We represent victims in a number of trucking-related accidents including the following:
- Spilled cargo truck accidents
- Accidents caused by overloading a trailer
- Rollover accidents
- Tire blowout accidents
- Accidents caused by impaired or drowsy driving
- Blindspot truck accidents
- Truck accidents resulting in the wrongful death of a motorist
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Through our thorough investigation of your case, we will determine the underlying cause of the wreck and pinpoint the specific factors contributing to the adverse party’s liability.
Our La Jolla truck accident attorneys have discovered some of the most common causes of collisions involve:
- Truck driver fatigue or distraction
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Unsafe merging or lane changing
- Illegal U-turns
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
- Negligent truck maintenance
- Unsecured or improperly secured loads
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You Gather Evidence.
Our La Jolla truck accident lawyers are prepared to gather evidence by launching a thorough investigation. In many cases, we hire expert witnesses to recreate the accident scene and to the minutes leading up to the crash. These experts can testify in court as to what likely happened and who was responsible for the accident.
Here are some other types of evidence we will gather to build your case:
- The Accident Report: This document contains details about when and where the accident occurred, as well as a police officer’s opinion about who caused the collision.
- Vehicle Maintenance Records: Defective auto parts and equipment failure are common causes of trucking accidents in California – especially brake malfunctions and tire blowouts. Often, these defects are the result of a truck driver’s negligence in having a vehicle periodically inspected.
- Dashcam Footage: Many trucking companies install dashboard cameras on their vehicles. Our attorneys will find out whether the truck involved in your accident had a dashcam and will attempt to access its footage.
- Photos: Photographs of the accident scene can help us piece together what happened in the moments leading up to the crash.
- Other Evidence: GPS data, eyewitness testimony, your medical visit notes, and the truck driver’s cell phone records may all contribute to building your case.
Our lawyers will ensure your claim is as strong as possible before entering settlement negotiations, working tirelessly to collect all available evidence.
Discuss Your Claim with a La Jolla Truck Accident Lawyer.
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury from a truck accident, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with large motor carriers and their insurance companies.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.