La Jolla Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
La Jolla Bus Accident Attorneys
If you have been injured in a bus accident, you might be entitled to recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our La Jolla bus accident team can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. Throughout the years, we have represented thousands of clients and won numerous six and seven-figure settlements and verdicts, a portion of which have been in bus accident cases. For a free case consultation, call us at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents in La Jolla
- Lack of safety measures
- Driver’s lack of experience
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield to pedestrians who are walking through a crosswalk
- Defective parts
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle
What Is My Bus Accident Case Worth?
An accident can cause financial strain, and at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, it is our goal to lift that stress off your shoulders. While we cannot guarantee a particular outcome, can help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of your case, the factors that influence settlements and verdicts, and how your case might unfold.
Here are a few factors that may affect the settlement calculations in your bus accident case:
- The damages: Settlements and verdicts can vary substantially from one case to the next. This is because the damages sustained in each case are very different. For example, if your injuries are permanent and will affect your income-earning capacity for your entire life, the potential value of your claim will likely be higher than if you suffered only minor injuries and will bounce back quickly. The severity of your injuries can impact not only the value of economic damages (like your medical bills, property repairs, and necessary domestic help due to your injuries) but also the value of non-economic damages like pain and suffering and reduced quality of life. These may account for a considerable portion of the potential settlement.
- Available insurance coverage: Unfortunately, many accident victims incur damages that exceed insurance policy limits. Fortunately, however, bus companies tend to have high insurance coverage limits. Also, it is common for more than one party to be held liable for a crash, so there may be several deep pockets from which we can collect.
- Your fault percentage: The opposing party will take advantage of any possible opportunity to blame you for the accident. Even if another party was clearly at fault, you may still be found partially or wholly liable. This will affect the damages you can recover.
- Whether the case settles or proceeds to court: If we decide to file a lawsuit, you need to know that litigation comes with added expenses. Nonetheless, we will never pressure you to accept a settlement from an insurer if we believe you could recover more at trial. We will help you weigh the potential costs and benefits of taking a case to court.
Discuss Your Claim with a La Jolla Bus Accident Lawyer.
If you have suffered an injury from a bus accident, don’t delay. Contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have decades of collective experience representing accident victims in negotiations with motor carriers and their insurance companies and can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message online to set up a free case assessment.