La Jolla Train Accident Attorneys
La Jolla Train Accident Attorneys
Have you been injured in a train accident in La Jolla? Whether you were a passenger in a car that was hit by a locomotive or were harmed while riding on one, you should consider contacting a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your options. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our compassionate team is made up of committed personal injury and wrongful death lawyers who routinely handle train accident cases in our State. No matter the specifics of your accident, we will work to ensure we present the strongest evidence possible so you can walk away with compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial injuries. To schedule your free initial consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today. If you are unable to travel, we will come to you.
Common Causes of Train Accidents in La Jolla
In our decades of collective experience, our La Jolla train accident lawyers have discovered some of the most common causes of train accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Failure to keep a lookout or to check blind spots
- Defective parts
- Mechanical failures
Who is Liable?
Identifying the liable party or parties is the first step in any personal injury case, and the answer will depend on several factors. Before we can identify who was responsible for the wreck, we need to first determine the cause. If the conductor was operating the locomotive while distracted or intoxicated, he may be directly liable. Also, his employer may be liable for negligent hiring or management. However, if the accident happened when another motorist drove onto the tracks, then that driver may be liable. Examples of liable parties include:
- The company that owns and operates the train
- The company that owns the tracks
- The company that manufactured the train, a train part, or the track
- The company that provides maintenance for the train or track
I’ve Been Involved in A Train Accident. What Next?
In any accident case, it is vital to take steps to preserve your claims. At a minimum you should consider the following:
- Take photos of your injuries and, if possible, the accident scene.
- Seek medical treatment, follow your doctors’ orders, and gather your medical records.
- Save any text messages or emails with other parties.
- Contact eyewitnesses, save their information, and pass that information on to your attorney.
- Take notes about your injuries and treatment, as well as how your symptoms have affected your lifestyle.
- Compile any relevant receipts, bills, and other tangible evidence of your accident-related expenses.
Compensation You May Recover for Your Injuries
Through a personal injury lawsuit, you can seek to recover some or all of your accident-related expenses. These are commonly referred to in legalese as “economic damages.” Examples of economic damages include reimbursement for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Permanent physical limitations
Discuss Your Case with A La Jolla Train Accident Attorney.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will handle each step of your train wreck case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier to seek a settlement. No matter the circumstances of your case, you will benefit from having us in your corner. Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review. Someone is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.