Mountain View Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Our area offers the perfect conditions for walking, but the amount of traffic poses considerable risks. Pedestrian accidents in Mountain View are common and can cause devastating personal injuries. As seasoned litigators with decades worth of combined experience, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. is the best choice for helping you get compensation.
Our Mountain View pedestrian accident attorneys hold at-fault drivers liable for medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you incur. Top case results show a track record of success, with settlements and jury awards totaling millions of dollars. Available 24 hours, seven days a week, so call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free case consultation.
Our Mountain View Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Help You Get Compensation For Your Injuries
The City of Mountain View encourages walking, and local officials have taken steps to protect pedestrian safety. This includes providing over 10 miles of multi-use trails and improvements such as additional sidewalks, crosswalks, and traffic signals.
Despite these efforts, pedestrian accidents in Mountain View continue to be a problem and leave victims suffering serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you get compensation. Common types of injuries suffered by clients in cases our Mountain View pedestrian accident attorneys handle include:
- Back or neck injuries, such as whiplash, herniated discs, and damage to vertebrae;
- Broken bones, often involving severe fractures of the arms, legs, shoulders, and hips;
- Burn injuries and road rash, resulting in permanent scarring and disfigurement;
- Crushing injuries, causing permanent damage to internal organs;
- Deep cuts and lacerations, resulting in loss of limbs and potentially deadly infections;
- Head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries, causing damage muscles and tendons;
- Spinal cord and column injuries, which can cause permanent paralysis.
How Do Pedestrian Accidents In Mountain View Happen?
The California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) reports that close to 30 pedestrians accidents in Mountain View happen each year. This averages to more than twice per month. In most cases, reckless and negligent driving behavior is to blame. Among the leading causes in cases our Mountain View pedestrian accident attorneys represent include:
- Speeding, which includes going over posted limits or too fast for road and traffic conditions;
- Running red lights or stop signs, a common cause of pedestrian accidents in intersections;
- Failing to yield at crosswalks, and other aggressive driving behavior;
- Distracted driving, such as talking on cellphones or texting rather than paying attention to the road;
- Driving while impaired, which may include alcohol, recreational drugs, or medications.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help you hold at-fault drivers accountable. While you focus on your health, our Mountain View pedestrian accident attorneys can conduct a full investigation, gathering the evidence needed to file a claim.
How Do I File A Mountain View Pedestrian Accident Claim?
The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires all drivers to have a mandatory minimum amount of automobile insurance to protect them and others involved in the event of an accident, including those involving pedestrians. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives to get you the maximum amount in a settlement.
Unfortunately, the severity of personal injuries in Mountain View pedestrian accidents means that insurance may not cover your total costs. In this case, or in situations where the at-fault driver is uninsured, filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit may be a better course of action. Our legal team can guide you in the process. Compensation available includes:
- Economic damages, covering current and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other tangible costs;
- Non-economic damages, compensating you for pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life;
- Exemplary or punitive damages, which is an additional amount that punishes the driver for gross negligence. These can total several hundred thousand dollars.
What Should I Do If A Hit And Run Pedestrian Accident Happens?
If you are involved in a pedestrian accident in Mountain View and the driver flees the scene, notify the police immediately and contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers soon after. Our Mountain View pedestrian accident attorneys can take the following actions on your behalf:
- Interview witnesses and residents in the area to get a description of the driver;
- Review nearby surveillance footage, which can help in identifying the vehicle;
- Work with law enforcement to solicit tips from the public;
- Talk to local mechanics, who the driver may have visited in the aftermath.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Request A Free Consultation Today
Pedestrian accident injuries have the potential to be devastating. To get the total amount of compensation you need to recover, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. We generally work on a contingency basis, meaning no up-front or out-of-pocket costs. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Mountain View pedestrian accident attorneys online to request a free consultation today.