Mountain View Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys
Ridesharing offers many advantages but passengers need to be aware of the risks. Uber and Lyft accidents In Mountain View can result in potentially devastating personal injuries. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps victims get the compensation they need to recover.
Our Mountain View Uber and Lyft accident attorneys have extensive experience in these cases, with top case results showing settlements and jury awards worth millions of dollars. To discuss your case, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and request a free consultation today.
Cases Our Mountain View Uber and Lyft Accident Attorneys Represent
Many people rely on ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft for short trips or as a safe way to get home after a night out with friends. It can be more convenient than driving yourself and safer if you have any amount of alcohol in your system, but accidents can happen.
Unfortunately, getting the compensation you need to cover losses in the aftermath often proves challenging. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide trusted legal guidance in filing a claim. Cases or Mountain View Uber and Lyft accident attorneys represent:
- Uber and Lyft car accidents, involving ridesharing drivers and others on the road;
- Uber and Lyft passenger accidents, such as single-vehicle crashes or when injuries happen in other ways, such as sudden stops that throw you from your seat;
- Uber and Lyft pedestrian accidents, which can happen while walking, as well as right before or after a trip;
- Uber and Lyft bicycle accidents, which can leave victims suffering potentially life-threatening injuries.
What Causes Uber and Lyft Accidents In Mountain View?
When ridesharing services were first introduced, they were credited with helping to reduce drunk driving. A study conducted by the National District Attorneys Association (NDAA) showed that DUI arrests in San Francisco and several other California cities did go down by more than 30 percent. However, these rates have steadily started to increase once again in the years since.
Failure to vet drivers is a concern, as is failure to monitor them while on the road. When Uber and Lyft accidents occur, it is often due to reckless driving. This includes:
- Aggressive driving, such as following others too closely and failing to yield;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals, such as running red lights;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones, texting, or changing GPS settings;
- Driving under the influence, which in addition to alcohol can involve recreational drugs or medications;
- Speeding and driving too fast for conditions, a common problem in Mountain View that increases the risk of severe injuries.
If you or someone you love is involved in an Uber or Lyft accident in Mountain View, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We investigate how your ridesharing accident happened and who can be held accountable in a claim.
How Can I Get Compensation For Ridesharing Accident Injuries In Mountain View?
Getting compensation for Uber or Lyft accident injuries in Mountain View can prove challenging. One of the first obstacles is determining who is at fault. All of the following may share a portion of the blame:
- The ridesharing driver;
- The company they work for;
- Other motorists involved in or responsible for a crash.
There are likely insurance policies to help offset your costs. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team aggressively negotiates with insurance representatives to get the maximum amount in a settlement. However, even if you file a claim with Uber or Lyft, who boast million-dollar policies, it is unlikely to get the full amount you need. In this case, or when multiple parties are involved, our Mountain View Uber and Lyft accident attorney can file a ride-sharing lawsuit through the Santa Clara County Civil Court.
How Much Is An Uber or Lyft Accident Lawsuit Worth?
The exact amount you are entitled to in an Uber or Lyft accident lawsuit in Mountain View depends on your injuries and the circumstances involved. However, common types of compensation, or damages, available under the California Civil Code include:
- Economic damages, which compensate you for property damages, medical expenses, lost wages, and other actual costs;
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for intangible losses, such as pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries;
- Exemplary or punitive damages, which are an additional amount designed to punish those at fault for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS And Request A Free Consultation
Getting the compensation you need after an Uber or Lyft accident in Mountain View often proves challenging. To get the maximum amount you are entitled to, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side. As we typically handle cases on a contingency basis, there are no upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Mountain View Uber and Lyft accident attorney online and request a free consultation.