Mountain View Wrongful Death Attorneys
A loved one's loss is always devastating. However, it is particularly difficult for surviving family members when it is untimely and due to the negligence of others involved. Known as wrongful death, grief is compounded by frustration when those at fault are not held accountable. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps families facing this situation get a sense of justice and the compensation they deserve.
With decades' worth of combined experience, our Mountain View wrongful death attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need. Our top case results show our ability to obtain millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards. We help you get the justice your loved one deserves while ensuring you are provided for the way they would have wanted. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation today.
Our Mountain View Wrongful Death Attorneys Protect Grieving Families
If you experience the tragic loss of a loved one due to the recklessness of others involved, it is important to know that you are not alone. According to the Santa Clara County Public Health Department (SCPHD), accidental injuries are one of the leading causes of death in our area. Among the most common types of accidents that can result in fatal injuries include:
- Car accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Accidents involving bicyclists or pedestrians;
- Premises liability cases, such as slip and fall accidents;
- Product liability cases, where dangerous products or defective parts are to blame;
- Sports or recreational accidents;
- Accidents on or near construction sites.
Grieving families may not know where to turn in the immediate aftermath of a devastating loss. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are here to help. Our Mountain View wrongful death attorneys protect your rights, investigating your case and gathering the evidence needed to hold those at fault liable in a claim.
What Are Leading Causes Of Wrongful Death In Mountain View?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that close to 20,000 people are killed due to accidental, unintentional injuries in California each year. Sadly, these often happen due to the negligent actions of others involved.
Negligence is a legal term that means behaving in a manner that puts others at risk or failing to take precautions that could have otherwise prevented personal injuries. Among the leading causes in cases our Mountain View wrongful death attorneys handle include:
- Reckless driving, such as speeding, running red lights, failing to yield, and driving while drowsy, distracted, or under the influence;
- Failure to properly maintain property, which includes making needed repairs and warning visitors of obvious hazards;
- Failure to follow standard safety practices, which is often a primary factor in truck crashes, accidents involving public transportation, and fatal recreational injuries;
- Disregarding obvious risks, such as when manufacturers fail to issue recalls or pull dangerous items off shelves.
Frustration only adds to the grief families experience in these cases. Despite knowing who was at fault and that their negligence was directly responsible for a loved ones' death, criminal charges may not be filed. Regardless of whether other legal actions are taken in the case, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. helps you get justice through a wrongful death claim.
What Are My Options In Filing A Wrongful Death Claim In Mountain View?
In some cases, the at-fault party has insurance to compensate immediate family members for a loved one's death. In others, the best option is to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Mountain View.
Under Section 377.60 of the California Civil Code, a wrongful death lawsuit can be filed by spouses and domestic partners of the victim, their children or legal wards, parents and legal guardians, or anyone otherwise entitled to inherit from the estate. Compensation available in a wrongful death lawsuit includes:
- Payment of all current and prior medical expenses related to the death
- Coverage of funeral costs and burial expenses;
- Reimbursement for current losses in income and future wages they would have otherwise earned;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment in life in the aftermath.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we provide the caring support and trusted legal guidance grieving families need. Whether it involves aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives or filing a lawsuit, our Mountain View wrongful death attorneys are dedicated to getting you justice and the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. Our legal team typically works on a contingency basis, so there are no upfront or out-of-pocket costs.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS To Schedule A Free Consultation
When dealing with the death of a loved one, you are not alone. Harris Personal Injury Lawyers help you get justice and the compensation you need in dealing with your loss. To schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Mountain View wrongful death attorneys online today.