Mountain View Train Accident Attorneys
Trains offer a convenient way for residents to travel, but there are risks. Unfortunately, train accidents in Mountain View occur regularly and often result in severe, potentially life-threatening personal injuries. If you or someone you care about is injured in this type of accident, reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc.
Our Mountain View train accident attorneys provide the professional legal representation you need to get compensation in a claim. As seasoned litigators, top case results show our ability to obtain settlements and jury awards for our clients totaling millions of dollars. Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your call, contact 1-800-GO-HARRIS today to request a free consultation.
Cases Our Mountain View Train Accident Attorneys Handle
Many Mountain View residents rely on trains to get to and from work. Whether you want to save time and cut costs on your commute or simply travel throughout the area, the Caltrain Mountain View Station is convenient. It stops at popular destinations and connects with the Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority (VTA). However, whether you are taking the train or traveling near tracks running through our area, be mindful of potential hazards.
Train accidents in Mountain View happen on a regular basis and can cause devastating personal injuries. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we help injured victims and their families get the compensation they need to recover in a claim. Cases our Mountain View train accident attorneys handle include:
- Train crashes, involving collisions with other trains, motor vehicles, or incidents where a train jumps the tracks;
- Onboard passenger train accidents, such as getting struck by objects or thrown from your seat;
- Train station accidents, such as slips, trips, and falls;
- Train crossing accidents, impacting motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
What Are The Leading Causes of Train Accidents In Mountain View?
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), an average of more than 800 people are killed each year due to railroad accidents, while more than 7,000 others suffer potentially debilitating personal injuries. Train accidents in Mountain View occur on an almost monthly basis. Among the leading causes:
- Reckless behavior on the part of the conductor, such as going too fast for conditions or being distracted;
- Mistakes and errors on the part of other train company employees, such as signal failures;
- Manufacturing defects, which can cause malfunctions with train parts or tracks;
- Train company negligence, such as over-scheduling, not providing routine maintenance, and not taking steps to ensure passenger safety.
Train companies have teams of attorneys standing by, ready to defend them when train accidents in Mountain View happen. To uncover the exact causes and who is responsible, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers on your side.
How Can I Get The Money I Need To Recover From Train Accident Injuries In Mountain View?
Even a seemingly minor onboard incident can cause personal injuries that impact you for years into the future. Whenever any type of train accident in Mountain View happens, it is important to report it immediately to ensure an accident report is filed. Get medical attention as soon as possible and reach out to Harris Personal Injury Lawyers before making any statements or accepting any settlements.
Our legal team provides the trusted legal guidance and professional representation you need in filing a claim. We protect you in dealing with train company representatives and aggressively negotiate with their insurers with the goal of getting you the maximum amount you are entitled to in a claim. If the amount offered is less than what you need to fully recover or there are multiple parties at fault, our Mountain View train accident attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to court. Compensation available through a train accident lawsuit under the California Civil Code includes:
- Medical expenses: This includes coverage of all current and future medical costs, including diagnostic testing, treatment, medications, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages: This includes your current lost income and future losses in earnings and benefits due to ongoing impairments.
- Pain and suffering: This compensates you for the physical pain and mental anguish you experience due to a train accident in Mountain View, as well as any scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life that results.
- Exemplary damages: This is an additional amount we can push for in cases involving gross negligence. It punishes those at fault and prevents others from engaging in similar behavior.
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS Today To Request A Free Consultation
Train companies have teams of attorneys defending them against claims. To get the compensation you need to recover from train accident injuries, get Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, Inc. on your side. We generally work on a contingency basis, meaning no up-front costs. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS or contact our Mountain View train accident attorneys online today to request a free consultation.