Mountain View Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent individuals injured in Mountain View, CA. We are proud to offer extensive legal knowledge and experience as well as compassionate yet out-of-the-box thinking. Our skills and insight enable you to pursue fair compensation for your injuries. If you lost a parent, spouse, child, or other family member whom you relied on, we are also here to help you recover compensation for your loss.
If you choose us to represent you, know that we will fight hard for you to receive full and fair compensation. You can contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule your free initial consultation.
Cases Our Mountain View Personal Injury Lawyers Handle:
- Car Crashes
- Uber & Lyft Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Scooter Injury Claims
- Airplane Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Claims
- Severe Burn Injury Claims
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Claims
- Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bite and Animal Attacks
- Other Personal Injury Claims
- Wrongful Death Claims
How Our Mountain View Accident Lawyers Can Help You After an Accident
After a serious accident in Mountain View or the surrounding area, you should talk with an attorney about your options. When another person, business, or municipality’s carelessness, recklessness, or intentional misconduct caused you harm, then you have the right to hold them responsible for the repercussions of their actions.
The most common way to hold an at-fault party responsible is through an insurance claim. For example, if you were struck by another driver, you will file a third-party auto insurance claim. If you slipped and fell at another person’s home, you may file a claim against their homeowners’ insurance policy. If you were hospitalized after being struck by a falling product at a store, you will file a claim against the business’s injury liability policy.
However, there are various situations in which an insurance claim is not enough. The at-fault party may not be covered by insurance, the policy limit may be lower than your damages, or your claim may be wrongfully denied. In these situations, it is important to work with a Mountain View personal injury lawyer to file a personal injury lawsuit and seek compensation in court.
Whether you are going to pursue compensation through an insurance claim settlement or a court ruling, you will benefit from working with an experience accident lawyer in Mountain View.
By calling Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will help you by:
- Investigating the accident: We will look closely into the accident that caused your injuries or your loved one’s death. We will do this to gather as much evidence as possible. This may include police reports, accident reports, photos and videos, witness testimony, business documentation or records, physical objects, and more. Depending on the complexity of the case, we may hire accident, medical, economic, and other experts to establish your claim. During this investigation, we will pinpoint the at-fault party and determine who is liable, which may be two different parties. For example, if the person who caused a car crash was an on-duty delivery driver, then that person’s employer may be liable for your injuries.
- Calculating your injuries: One of the most important steps of an injury claim is determining the value of your individual injuries and your claim, as a whole. This is not information you can quickly gather online. You will need a Mountain View personal injury lawyer to review your unique damages and calculate the value of your medical expenses, lost income, physical pain, mental anguish, reduced quality of life, disability, and disfigurement. Then, when determine the potential value of your claim, your lawyer will consider other factors, such as your own contributory negligence and insurance policy limits.
- Negotiating a settlement: The purpose of pursuing an insurance claim after an accident is to receive a settlement as quickly as possible. However, you should not accept the first settlement offer you receive in the days or weeks following the accident. Insurers will often try to get you to accept a low offer. By working with a lawyer who has calculated your damages, you have a clear view of what your claim is worth. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we will reject a low-ball settlement offer and make a counter demand for appropriate compensation. Then, we will participate in negotiations to obtain a fair resolution.
- Filing a lawsuit: There are all sorts of reasons why we may recommend filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. We may still expect to negotiate an insurance settlement, but a lawsuit can enable us to obtain additional evidence and to put pressure on an insurer. Our Mountain View accident lawyers are highly experienced in litigating injury and fatality claims. We are not afraid to take your case before a judge and jury.
Call Our Mountain View Legal Team Right Away
We understand that you may not be sure of whether we are the right Mountain View personal injury law firm for you. We cannot decide that for you, but we can tell you that we have represented more than 5,000 individuals and families in California and obtained them more than $300 million in settlements and verdicts.
Call Harris Personal Injury Lawyers at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation and learn how we will fight for you.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price indication: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|