Oxnard Boat Accident Lawyers
Oxnard Boat Accident Lawyers
Boating experiences can range from pleasant to exhilarating, depending on whether you and your friends or relatives lounge on a lake or take up waterskiing. Whatever you are up to on the water, you expect to have a good time before heading back to shore and home. It is all too easy to forget that boating can be dangerous, just like driving a car. If you are unexpectedly injured in a boating accident or lose a loved one, we recommend calling an Oxnard boat accident attorney at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your options. If there is evidence that another person is at fault, we can guide you through pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death compensation. We are proud to have helped more than 5,000 clients win over $300 million in settlements and verdicts. You do not have to decide whether we are the right attorneys for you right now. We recommend you call 1-800-GO-HARRIS and schedule a free consultation.
Our Oxnard Boat Accident Lawyers Handle All Types of Accidents
We are here to help after all types of boating accidents including:
- Single-boat accidents, including ejections and capsizing
- Multiple boat collisions
- Collisions between boats and personal watercraft, such as jet skis, kayaks, and canoes
- Collisions between boats and swimmers
Our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to represent you if you suffer boating accident injuries. We will fight hard for you to receive full and fair compensation for your injuries. We also handle fatal boat accidents that lead to wrongful death claims.
Common Causes of Boat Accidents Near Oxnard, CA
Our Oxnard boat accident lawyers handle all types of boat and personal watercraft accident cases, including:
- Accidents caused by impaired boat operators: Just like with driving a car, it is illegal and dangerous to operate a boat while impaired due to drugs, alcohol, or both. If you were injured in a boating accident, and you believe the at-fault operator was intoxicated, call us right away.
- Boat accidents caused by speeding: There are speed limits on the water. Different areas have rules regarding how fast vessels can travel. The weather and traffic conditions also dictate what is and is not a reasonable speed. If a boat operator was traveling at a negligent speed or was violating a local regulation, this can be evidenced used to pursue compensation for your injuries or loss.
- Ejections: You may have suffered an injury when you were ejected from the boat due to the operator’s careless or reckless conduct. Ejections can also lead to fatal drownings. In either case, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers right away.
- Capsizing: If a boat capsizes due to negligent operator or defects, you may suffer serious injuries or lose a loved one to drowning. Our Oxnard boat accident lawyers will thoroughly investigate the cause of the capsizing accident to determine who is at fault.
- Propeller and reverse accidents: Boat operators must keep a lookout for other vessels and swimmers around their boats and its propellers. Failing to keep track of who or what is nearby can lead to serious and deadly propeller accidents.
- Defective or malfunctioning boating equipment: If you are injured or a relative is killed because a boat or essential equipment is defective, call us right away. We will investigate whether the accident was due to a design or manufacturing defect or negligent maintenance.
Boat Accident Compensation
One of the reasons why we recommend hiring an Oxnard boat accident lawyer right away is to ensure you have the resources necessary to pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries. Our team at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will thoroughly investigate the cause of the boating accident. We will gather and analyze all available evidence, enabling us to build you a strong claim. We will then handle the insurance claim and court processes, depending on whether there is a relevant insurance policy. If the at-fault boat operator was insured, we may recommend pursuing an insurance settlement. However, if there is no insurance or the insurer refuses to agree to an appropriate sum, we are ready to take your case to trial. We carefully review your physical, emotional, and financial injuries to calculate the maximum value of your claim. Then we fight hard for you to receive compensation for:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress/Mental Anguish
- Reduced Earning Potential
- Reduced Quality of Life
- Loss of Consortium
We also work closely with you, your friends and family, your medical providers, and expert witnesses to prove your pain and suffering. This is often a large percentage of a settlement or court award. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Talk With an Oxnard Boat Accident Attorney When you and your family have been seriously affected by a boating accident, the best thing to do is talk with an experienced and successful lawyer. Our veteran attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have decades of experience handling boating accident claims, whether they involve personal injuries or fatalities. To schedule your free consultation where we can explain your rights and options, contact us online or call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.