Oxnard Slip and Fall Lawyers
One of the most common accidents we handle may be more mundane than you would expect. On a routine basis, we receive calls about injuries arising from slip and fall accidents. Too many people slip, trip, stumble and fall on other people and businesses property because of dangerous conditions.
When a property owner fails to take care of their premises, guests and workers are placed in danger. This failure to properly maintain their property may constitute negligence, and under the law, it may give you the right to pursue compensation.
However, before you assume you can obtain compensation for a slip-and-fall injury, contact our Oxnard slip and fall attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We have decades of collective experience handling these types of accidents. We know how to investigate, gather evidence on your behalf, and when you have a valid claim, aggressively pursue compensation.
To talk with us about your options after a slip and fall accident, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation.
Common Causes of Slip and Falls
Our slip and fall accident attorneys in Oxnard, CA have handled claims arising from all types of dangerous and defective conditions. Some of the most common conditions that lead to slip and fall claims include:
- Standing water
- Recently mopped or waxed flooring
- Spilled food, beverages, and other foreign substances
- Flooring without mats or rugs, Mats or rugs without non-slip backing
- Stairs without non-slip material
- Garbage and debris in walkways
- Poorly lit walkways
- Loose or uneven stairs
- Loose, uneven, and missing floorboards and tiles
- Loose or missing railings or handrails
Slip and Fall Accidents Can Happen Anywhere
Many people think of slip and fall accidents on sidewalks and grocery store aisles—and they do happen here. We have handled many cases in which someone fell because of a dangerous walkway, whether it leads up to a person’s home, a business, or is a public sidewalk. We also have handled countless grocery store and market slip and fall cases. That being said, these are by far not the only places slip and falls happen.
In addition to sidewalks, walkways, and grocery store slip and fall accidents, we also handle accidents that happen in:
- Convenience stores and gas stations
- Parking lots and garages
- Apartment complexes
- Motels and hotels
- Single-family homes
- Restaurants, bars, and clubs
- Marinas and boats
- Malls and retail stores
- Big box stores
- Office buildings and complexes
- Entertainment venues, theaters, and stadiums
No matter where you or a relative suffer a slip and fall, we recommend you give us a call. An Oxnard slip and fall attorney will thoroughly investigate the incident, gather evidence over the defective and dangerous condition, and guide you in pursuing compensation.
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you were in a slip and fall, or are with someone who falls on another person’s property, we recommend that you:
- Inform the property owner of the fall;
- Call the police to ensure an accident report is made;
- Take photos and videos of the area where the fall happened;
- Get the names(s) of the property owner, tenant, or manager and their contact information;
- Ask for the names and contact information of employees on-duty at the time of the fall;
- Ask for witnesses’ names and contact information;
- Get medical help as soon as possible;
- Save but do not continue to wear the shoes you were wearing at the time; and
- Contact an Oxnard slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible.
It is important to gather as much initial information as you can after a slip and fall accident. However, there is only so much information you can gather on your own. You will need an experienced attorney to thoroughly investigate the incident.
After a serious slip and fall that caused your injuries, we may recommend filing a premises liability lawsuit as soon as possible. Through the discovery process, we will gather all sorts of business records, including how and how often a business employee inspected, cleaned, or repaired the premises. We will look for records regarding whether similar accidents have happened before and how often.
Slip and Fall Compensation
When you are injured in a slip and fall that is someone else’s fault, Harris Personal Injury Lawyers is here to fight for you to receive full and fair compensation for all of your injuries, including:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Injury-related expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Reduced earning potential
- Lower quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Schedule a Free Consultation
Everyone falls at some point in their lives. Most falls lead to scrapes and bruises. You pick yourself up and keep moving. However, some slip and falls are much more serious. When you are injured and need medical care after a fall on someone else’s property, we recommend talking with one of our Oxnard slip and fall attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as possible.