One of the most devastating injuries you can experience an accident is brain trauma. From concussions to severe traumatic brain injuries, this type of injury can lead to long-term or permanent side effects. It can impact your cognitive and physical capabilities, not to mention lead to personality changes.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand how difficult it can be to come to terms with suffering a TBI in a car crash, slip and fall, or some other type of accident. We have witnessed first-hand the struggle our clients and their families go through. This is why we believe in representing and fighting for your rights after someone else’s negligence or recklessness causes a brain injury.
After an accident, you can contact our Oxnard brain injury lawyers for help. We will thoroughly investigate the accident, calculate the value of your physical, psychological, and financial injuries, and fight for you to receive the maximum compensation possible.
Our Oxnard Brain Injury Attorneys Handle All Types of Brain Injuries
Our personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers take on cases involving all types of brain injuries, including:
- More severe TBI’s
- Open and closed head injuries
- Anoxic and hypoxic brain injuries
- Diffuse brain injuries
What is TBI?
A TBI is a sudden trauma to the head that impairs the brain’s function, either temporarily or permanently. A TBI can be associated with other forms of head and brain trauma as well, including penetrating injuries to the skull.
TBIs are categorized by degree. A mild or minor TBI is known as a concussion. The brain’s function is impaired to a slight degree and typically for a short period of time. Symptoms can resolve themselves in weeks or months, though you may experience long-term effects known as post-concussion syndrome.
A moderate TBI is a greater degree of impairment. You may experience more symptoms and to a more significant degree. Moderate TBIs can result in long-term or permanent side effects.
A severe TBI results in significant impairment and serious physical, cognitive, and emotional disabilities and changes. Severe TBIs can result in a coma, vegetative state, minimally conscious state, or brain death. Individuals
If you or a loved one suffer a TBI in an accident that was someone else’s fault, call a brain injury attorney in Oxnard right away. You have the right to hold the negligent party responsible.
Let Us Fight for Your Brain Injury Compensation
The only way to hold the at-fault party responsible for your brain injury is to pursue compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Through these avenues, an Oxnard brain injury lawyer will fight for you to receive the maximum value for your:
- Current, past, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Property damage
- Other economic losses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (the spousal relationship)
How Our Oxnard Brain Injury Attorneys Can Help
There are several ways in which our highly experienced personal injury attorneys can help you after a serious accident.
Harris Personal Injury Lawyers will:
- Help you receive medical care: Our first priority is ensuring you receive the best possible medical care without worrying about the bills. We can help connect you with the right medical providers and specialists. We also will work with hospitals and doctors to place your medical bills on hold as your claim is pending.
- Investigate the accident: We will thoroughly investigate the accident and gather as much evidence as possible. This enables us to objectively analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your case and to build the strongest claim possible for compensation.
- Calculate your damages: When dealing with an insurance company or filing a personal injury lawsuit, it is important to know how much your claim is worth. We will document your financial losses, physical injuries, and your pain and suffering.
- Handle the insurance claim process: When you are recovering, you should not have to field calls and letters from an insurer. We will deal with the insurance company on your behalf, including negotiating a settlement for you.
- Representing you in court: We may recommend you file a personal injury lawsuit right away. This enables us to use the discovery process to obtain more evidence and to show the insurer we are serious. Also, if settlement negotiations break down, the insurer denies your claim, or the at-fault party is uninsured, we can pursue compensation at trial.
Call Harris Personal Injury Lawyers for Help With Your Brain Injury Today
After a serious accident that causes you to suffer from a brain injury, you should not have to deal with the insurance, financial, and legal ramifications yourself. All of it can be overwhelming, and you deserve to have help. Let our Oxnard brain injury attorneys help you through this process.
We will fight hard for you to win maximum compensation. We are proud to have helped more than 5,000 clients receive over $300 million in settlements and court rulings.
Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free, confidential consultation.