Perris Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
Perris Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
While you can pursue monetary recovery for your medical expenses, lost income, and other financial setbacks, no number can compensate you for the intense pain and suffering that follows an accident.
If you are facing the lingering effects of a brain injury, we encourage you to seek help sooner than later. Our Perris personal injury attorneys have recovered more than $300 million in settlements and trial verdicts, a substantial portion of which was in traumatic brain injury cases.
To discuss your case with a member of our team, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS today.
Types of Brain Injury Claims Our Perris Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Brain injuries can generally be categorized as one of two primary types: traumatic brain injury (“TBI”) and acquired brain injury (“ABI”):
- ABI describes any type of head injury that is not the result of a birth injury or a hereditary or degenerative condition. This may include stroke, tumors, infectious disease, or a lack of oxygen supply to the brain.
- TBI is a specific type of ABI that results from external force or strain aimed at the brain or nervous system. Our attorneys are experienced in representing accident victims who have suffered from TBIs.
The brain injury attorneys in our Perris office have represented clients in all types of brain injury claims and represent victims suffering from:
- Closed head injuries;
- Open head injuries;
- Brain hemorrhages;
- Anoxic/hypoxic brain injuries; and
- Diffuse brain injuries.
If you work with us, we will investigate the cause of your brain injury and prepare for settlement negotiations based on the specific facts of your case, the nature of your injury, and the cause of the injury.
When to Seek Treatment for Your TBI
The danger of a traumatic brain injury is that many symptoms may not present until days, weeks, or even months later These symptoms can be serious and life-threatening.
Common TBI symptoms include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Blurred vision
- Ear ringing
- Mood swings
- Disrupted sleep patterns
The severity of your symptoms will likely depend on the seriousness of the trauma you sustained in the accident. However, any symptoms – no matter how seemingly minor – warrant immediate medical attention, so be sure to see a doctor as soon as possible after your accident.
How A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured, contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your financial recovery options.
A skilled personal injury attorney can:
- Speak with you about possible defenses to your claim and how you can prepare to face them in negotiations or at trial;
- Work with medical professionals to evaluate the extent and severity of your injuries and to place a monetary value on your claim;
- Contact investigators and other professionals to establish the cause of the accident and to determine who should be held liable;
- Gather and evaluate evidence to present to an insurance company and, when necessary, a judge or jury;
- Correspond with insurance companies on your behalf to negotiate a settlement; and
- When needed, file a lawsuit against the at-fault party to seek a judgment or jury verdict in your favor.
Discuss Your Case with a Brain Injury Attorney in Perris, California
If you are dealing with the lingering effects of a TBI due to another person’s negligence or intentional actions, reach out to us. We can handle each step of your case, from gathering evidence to negotiating with an insurance carrier on your behalf. If necessary, we will take your case to trial and fight for your right to compensation.
Call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or send us a message to schedule a complimentary case review today. If you cannot make it to our Perris office, we will come to you.