Perris Dog Bite Attorneys
Perris Dog Bite Attorneys
Man’s best friend isn’t always so friendly. Dog attacks are scary and emotionally scarring, not to mention, bite wounds can lead to serious infections that require immediate attention and treatment. Fortunately, though, these incidents are almost always preventable – and even when they do happen, you can be compensated monetarily if the animal’s owner was responsible for the attack. The dog bite lawyers in our Perris, California, office have years of experience representing victims in California. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys today.
Understanding California Dog Bite Law
In California, dog owners are deemed “strictly liable” for injuries that their animals cause. This means that as a bite victim, you do not need to prove that the dog’s owner was at fault in any way: You just need to show that 1) the dog attacked you and 2) you were injured. As such, dog owners face an uphill battle in defending these cases. Strict liability applies whether you were attacked in a public place or on private property. The dog’s breed or lineage, its violent (or non-violent) nature, and its history of past attacks are irrelevant factors in proving your claim.
Compensation for Dog Bite Wounds
Before you speak with a claims adjuster, contact a personal injury attorney to discuss your case. Don’t sign any paperwork or agree to a settlement before first speaking with one of our attorneys. Our team has decades of collective experience representing victims of dog bites and other animal attacks and are ready to help you walk away with the compensation you deserve. As a victim of a California animal attack, you may pursue compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
What to Do If You Are Attacked
Even though strict liability generally applies to dog bite cases, they are not an automatic slam dunk: There are still several critical steps you should take to heighten your chances of recovery.
- Take photos of your injuries.
- Seek any and all medical treatment that you need to treat your wounds.
- Reach out to your county sheriff’s office or the closest animal control agency to put them on notice that the dog that attacked you is dangerous and should be restrained.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer. Although they may seem straightforward, dog bite cases involve nuances. A lawyer will help you prepare the strongest possible claim for recovery.
Discuss Your Claim with a Perris Dog Bite Lawyer
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we have recovered more than $300 million for our clients, a large portion of which has been in dog attack cases. During our case review process, we will evaluate your case and provide you with an overview of the next steps to take in pursuing the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries. Why Choose Us?
- We are experienced – Between us, we share decades of experience litigating dog bite cases throughout California.
- We are litigators – While we love settling cases outside of court when possible, we love passionately representing our clients when they’ve been wronged. We will take your case to court if we need to, and will fight for your right to recovery.
- We are transparent – We will honestly advise you on not just the strengths – but also the weaknesses – of your case so that you approach the recovery process with realistic expectations.
- We are fair – We work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay unless we settle or win.
With our history of success in dog bite cases and in-depth knowledge of relevant law, our team can guide you throughout each stage of your case. Schedule a low-risk consultation today by calling 1-800-GO-Harris or by sending us a message online. If you cannot make it to our Perris office, we will come to you.