Perris Wrongful Death Attorneys
Perris Wrongful Death Attorneys
The loss of a loved one changes your life forever. At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our compassionate wrongful death attorneys understand the emotional trauma you are facing in the wake of a family member’s death. We are here to help you navigate this difficult season, to get back on your feet, and to properly grieve. Our legal team can help you explore all possible avenues to recover compensation and will not settle a case for an amount that is less than you deserve. If needed, we will represent your interests in court by filing a lawsuit against the opposing party. To schedule a free case evaluation with us today, give us a call at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Claims our Perris Wrongful Death Attorneys Handle
- Car, truck, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents
- Accidents involving rideshare vehicles
- Turo accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Boating accidents
- Train accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Aircraft accidents
- Bus accidents
- Premises liability cases resulting in wrongful death
- Other types of wrongful death cases
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In California, the personal representative of the deceased’s estate, or various parties who stand to inherit the deceased’s property if the deceased passed without a will, can bring a wrongful death claim. For instance, the decedent’s surviving spouse would have a right to file a wrongful death action. If the deceased was not married, then his or her children could bring the claim, then stepchildren, minors who lived with him or her for at least half a year, and the deceased’s parents, siblings and their children, grandparents, and next of kin.
What Damages Are Available in a California Wrongful Death Case?
Your compensation in a wrongful death case will vary based on the unique circumstances. Generally, you may be able to recover compensatory damages and exemplary damages.
- Compensatory damages cover both economic and non-economic losses. An example of an economic loss is lost income, property damage, and medical expenses, while a non-economic injury would involve emotional trauma, distress, and pain and suffering.
- Exemplary damages, also known as “punitive damages,” are applied in a few unique circumstances in which the other party’s conduct was extremely negligent or egregious. An exemplary damages award tends to be discretionary.
Our Perris Wrongful Death Lawyers Offer Free Case Consultations Daily
The attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have a history of representing the family members of wrongful death victims. When you meet with us, we will ask you a series of questions to determine whether you have grounds to bring a wrongful death claim and if so, how to proceed. Some of these questions might include:
- How did the accident happen?
- Did your loved one receive any medical treatment between the accident and his or her death?
- Have you gathered any evidence to support your claim?
- Have you spoken with the opposing party or his insurance company?
- Have you saved or recorded any of your conversations with the other parties or with eyewitnesses?
- Did you speak with anyone else about the accident or the circumstances surrounding it?
Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to Speak with a Wrongful Death Lawyer Today
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, our compassionate attorneys are here to take over the logistics of your case so that you can focus on more important matters, like honoring your loved one’s memory. We will do all we can do alleviate your stress and help you recover the compensation you need to get back on your feet. To schedule a free case consultation with us, we welcome you to send us a message online or to call our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS. If you cannot make it to our office, we will come to you.