Perris Personal Injury Attorneys | Accident Lawyers
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe that those who have been injured or lost loved ones due to the negligence of others should be treated with understanding and fairness. Unfortunately, victims of personal injury and wrongful death often face tremendous legal hurdles on the path to fair compensation. Our Perris personal injury attorneys can help you overcome these challenges and fight for the maximum payout possible.
Our law firm is available 24/7 to help you start the claims process. Call 1-800-GO-HARRIS to set up your free initial consultation.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Perris, California
The accident lawyers at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers have helped hundreds of clients navigate through complex personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout California. We handle the following types of cases:
- Car Accident Cases
- Bus Accident Cases
- Rideshare Accident Cases
- Train Crash Cases
- Boat Accident Cases
- Truck Accident Cases
- Motorcycle Crash Cases
- Bicycle Accident Cases
- Airplane Accident Cases
- Burn Injury Cases
- Brain Injury Cases
- Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- Pedestrian Accident Cases
- Dog Bite Cases
- Turo Accident Cases
- Bird Scooter Crash Cases
- Premises Liability Cases
- Slip and Fall Cases
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Other Personal Injury Cases
What Damages Are Available in California Personal Injury Lawsuits?
There are two categories of damages available in California personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits: compensatory and punitive. Compensatory damages pay for the victim’s past and future economic and non-economic losses. Punitive damages are awarded to punish the defendant for particularly heinous behavior.
Below is a list of compensatory damages that might be available if you were injured by another party’s negligence:
- Medical Treatment: Your claim can include not only the healthcare expenses you have already accrued but also the medical costs you will incur in the future as a result of your injury. To prove the cost of your medical expenditures, your personal injury attorney might use X-rays and other diagnostic imaging, prescription drug records, receipts and invoices for medical care, photos of injuries, your journal about your recovery, and medical expert witness testimony.
- Lost Income: The income lost after a serious injury is often just as costly as the healthcare bills if not more so. You can include lost past and future income in your claim.
- Lost Earning Capacity: It is always tragic when an unexpected injury leaves a family’s income-earner sidelined from work. But when the victim is unable to return to the same profession, the stress and financial uncertainty can be especially unbearable. A Perris personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can consult financial and vocational expert witnesses to ensure your claim includes the compensation you will need to cover your loss of earning capacity.
- Property Repairs: If you were involved in a motor-vehicle collision or another type of accident that damaged your property, you can include the cost of repairs or replacement in your claim.
- Other Injury-Related Expenses: It is easy for victims of personal injury to focus only on medical bills and lost wages, but other injury-related expenses can mount up quickly. Vehicle rentals, home care, home and vehicle modifications, and other costs can be included in your claim.
- Emotional Distress: If you suffered intense fright, horror, grief, anxiety, shock, worry, humiliation, anguish, or shame as a result of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for emotional distress.
- Loss of Enjoyment in Life: If you are no longer able to participate in activities that you enjoyed before your injury, such as hobbies, volunteer activities, or quality time with your family, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of enjoyment in life.
- Pain and Suffering: These are subjective losses such as pain, suffering, scarring, insomnia, inconvenience, and loss of an organ or limb.
Punitive Damages in California Personal Injury Claims
If you were injured due to an act of extreme recklessness or intentional harm, you may be able to recover punitive damages, or “exemplary damages.” Your Perris personal injury lawyer must show clear and convincing evidence to justify a punitive damages award. That means your lawyer will have to prove oppression, fraud, or malice with a high degree of probability.
If you are awarded punitive damages, the jury will consider several factors when determining their value. Those factors include:
- How egregious the defendant’s actions were;
- The amount of punitive damages that would be reasonable given the extent of the plaintiff’s injury; and
- The amount of punitive damages that would be sufficient to deter the defendant from engaging in similar conduct in the future, given the defendant’s financial situation.
Schedule a FREE CASE EVALUATION with our Perris Personal Injury Legal Team
To discuss your case with a knowledgeable injury attorney and determine the most strategic way to proceed with your claim, contact Harris Personal Injury Lawyers. We are passionate about helping the injured hold all responsible parties accountable for their negligence and wrongful acts. Call us today at 1-800-GO-HARRIS or use our contact form to set up a free initial consultation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|