Rancho San Diego Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you love was hurt in a preventable accident, then you already know how profoundly a sudden injury can change your life. You might not be able to earn an income or enjoy your favorite hobbies, and the medical bills can add up quickly. The Rancho San Diego personal injury attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers understand the hardship you’re facing and can help you seek compensation and justice.
We have a track record of success both in and out of court, with more than $300 million won for clients in settlements and verdicts. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Rancho San Diego
- Motorbike Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Turo Accidents
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Bus Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Burn Trauma
- Brain Injuries
- Rideshare Accidents
- Airplane, Helicopter, and Other Aircraft Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Boat Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Slips and Falls
- Premises Liability
- Scooter Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
What Factors Could Influence the Potential Value of My Claim?
Your claim can account for any reasonable and necessary expenses you incurred as a result of your accident and injury. The objectively verifiable losses you incurred, such as medical bills, lost income, property damage, and domestic help, are called “economic damages.” The subjective effects of your injury, such as emotional distress and pain and suffering, are called “non-economic damages.”
If the person who caused your injury acted with malice, oppression, or fraud, a punitive award may also be recoverable. Punitive damages aren’t warranted in most cases, but a Rancho San Diego personal injury lawyer from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate your claim to determine whether a punitive award should be sought.
Below are just a few factors that may affect the potential value of your claim:
- The Types of Medical Care You Need: An injury victim who has been diagnosed with quadriplegia would likely be entitled to more compensation than a claimant who sustained a hip fracture. The cost of your medical bills will have a direct effect on the settlement calculations. Your claim can account for emergency care, hospital bills, doctor’s visits, surgeries, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, and any other reasonable and necessary medical treatment related to your injury.
- Your Pre-Injury Income: Lost income calculations can vary considerably from one case to the next. The higher your pre-injury income, the more lost wages you may be able to claim.
- The Amount of Time It Takes to Reach MMI: The value of your non-economic damages may depend on the amount of time it takes for you to reach maximum medical improvement. Also, injuries that take longer to heal tend to cost more in medical expenses and lost income.
- The Nature of Your Injury: Did you suffer permanent scarring, amputation, paralysis, or another disability? The more severe your injury and the more profound its effects on your life, the higher your non-economic damages will likely be.
- Whether You Were Partially at Fault: Did you contribute to the accident in any way? If you were partially liable for your own injuries, your final recovery may be reduced by your own percentage of fault. If the insurance company tries to blame you for the incident, a Rancho San Diego personal injury attorney from Harris Personal Injury Lawyers can take the necessary steps to minimize the percentage of fault assigned to you.
- Whether a Lien Is Asserted on Your Recovery: A lien might not affect the value of your final settlement or verdict, but it could reduce your net recovery. A lien is a claim of a right to repayment for services rendered for the claimant while his or her case was pending. For example, a lien may asserted by a health insurance company, Medicare or Medicaid, or a healthcare provider. You will have to address any liens on your recovery before compensation can be disbursed to you. Fortunately, the attorneys at Harris Personal Injury Lawyers are familiar with the potential ways to get a lien reduced or waived outright. Our legal team will do everything in their power to help you walk away with the highest possible compensation.
Discuss Your Case with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Rancho San Diego
Taking legal action after a serious accident can seem intimidating, but starting the claims process right away could work in your favor. Valuable evidence may become unavailable, and if you try to sue after the statute of limitations expires, your case will most likely be dismissed.
At Harris Personal Injury Lawyers, we are available 24/7 to take your call. There’s no cost for the initial consultation, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to one of our attorneys.
We believe every accident victim deserves reliable legal advice. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you. Schedule a free case assessment by calling 1-800-GO-HARRIS or sending us a message online.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential consultation.
Price range: Free Consultations & No Fees
|Monday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Tuesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Wednesday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Thursday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Friday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Saturday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
|Sunday||12:00 AM - 12:00 PM|