Riverside Personal Injury Lawyers | Accident Attorneys
Riverside Brain Injury Attorneys
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have a permanent and devastating impact on your emotional, physical, and financial wellbeing. Our brain injury attorneys in Riverside have seen firsthand the toll that a TBI can take on both the victim and their family. If you or someone you love was diagnosed with brain trauma, we can evaluate your case for free and help you explore the options for pursuing monetary damages.
Unlike other types of injury, the effects of a TBI can last a lifetime. Fortunately, the victim may be able to obtain compensation for future damages such as loss of future income, anticipated healthcare costs, and other expenses like home care and childcare. Our lawyers can make sure your claim accounts for all the damages you may be owed. For a free consultation, contact our 24-hour phone line at 1-800-GO-HARRIS.
Qualities to Look for in a Riverside Brain Injury Attorney
You’ve probably seen your fair share of law firm advertisements on billboards and TV. The unfortunate truth is that those advertisements usually say very little about the law firm’s credentials. There are many practices out there that accept a high volume of cases, but they’re not always willing to go the extra mile for clients when the opposing party refuses to cooperate. At the end of the day, it’s important that you find a lawyer with the right experience, qualifications, and resources to provide effective representation. This is especially true if you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Read on to learn a few qualities to look for in a brain injury lawyer:
- Experience in Similar Cases: Given the severity and permanence of a traumatic brain injury, there are nuances to these cases that do not apply to other legal practice areas. For example, it is often necessary to bring in medical, vocational, and financial experts to provide deposition regarding the types of damages incurred and the value of future damages. It is therefore important that you hire an attorney who has extensive experience deposing expert witnesses. A seasoned brain injury attorney will understand how to get the most value out of such deposition and will know the other kinds of evidence needed to give your case the best possible chance of success.
- Trial Experience: When a person suffers a traumatic brain injury, the cost of medical bills alone can add up to millions of dollars over the course of his or her lifetime. Even if your particular injury is less severe, you can expect the insurance company to do everything in their power to fight your claim. If the early stages of litigation do not result in a settlement, it may be in your best interest to proceed to trial. This is why it’s so important that you hire a lawyer with courtroom experience. In fact, simply having a seasoned trial attorney by your side could make the opposing party think twice about refusing to settle.
- Excellent Testimonials from Previous Clients: Before you hire an attorney, take a few minutes to read some online reviews from past clients. This is one of the best ways to gain insight into what it will be like to work with that lawyer over the course of several months. While these testimonials might give you confidence in the attorney’s abilities, they may also shed light on his or her incompetence and prevent you from making a huge mistake.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
If you’re facing steep medical bills and your brain injury is preventing you from working, it’s only natural to wonder how much your case might be worth. The thought of falling into debt and having to file for bankruptcy is enough to keep anyone awake at night. Although we cannot estimate the potential value of your case without first knowing the facts—and no lawyer can guarantee a particular outcome no matter how strong your case seems—you might find it helpful to know the factors that can influence the settlement calculations. Examples include:
- The Cost of Medical Care: The healthcare costs associated with TBI can be exorbitant. Fortunately, you may be able to obtain compensation for all past and future medical expenses arising from the accident.
- The Value of Lost Income: Any income you’ve lost and are expected to lose due to the TBI might be recoverable.
- Whether You’ve Incurred Other Economic Damages: Childcare, transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, and other objectively verifiable expenses may be recoverable.
- Your Own Percentage of Fault: Your award of damages might be reduced if your own negligence somehow contributed to the accident.
- Whether You’ve Failed to Mitigate Your Damages: If you fail to take reasonable steps to facilitate your recovery, you may not be able to obtain compensation for 100 percent of your damages.
- The Extent of Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages like pain and suffering and lost enjoyment in life can account for a significant portion of the settlement or verdict in a brain injury case.
Set up a Free Consultation with a Riverside Brain Injury Lawyer
Our phone line is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call. You won’t have to pay anything to speak with a member of our team and get the advice you need to make informed decisions. Dial 1-800-GO-HARRIS or message us HERE to set up a case review.